The Genelec GLM 2 loudspeaker management system is a hardware/software control system for SAM-equipped (Smart Active Monitor) Genelec monitors
GLM 2 (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) system puts the “smart” in SAM-equipped monitors. The system comprises Mac- and PC-compatible GLM 2 software, a network adapter (8300-416), and the Genelec 8300A measurement microphone. The 8300 adapter connects the GLM network to a computer USB port and acts as a master for Genelec’s optional stand-alone, wired 9310A volume controller (not included), as well as an interface for the Genelec 8300A measurement microphone. Feature-rich with easy and intuitive operation, GLM 2 software enables setup, automatic calibration, and continuous control of all monitors and subwoofer in the control room. Best of all, when your system is perfectly calibrated, settings are saved in both system setup files and each individual Smart monitor and subwoofer. If your GLM 2 network needs to be disconnected for any reason, your system stays Smart.
Genelec GLM 2 loudspeaker management system in one take:
- Manage and control up to 30 Smart-enabled monitors and subwoofers
- Easily configure systems to suit all types of multi-channel or 3D immersive audio formats
- Optimize the performance of your Smart monitoring system and make the most of your working environment
- AutoCal™ provides neutral sound reproduction, with accurate, stable sound-stage imaging, thanks to adjustments of levels, distance delays, subwoofer crossover phase, and room response compensation equalization
- Store calibration settings for different listening positions and recall them during production
- Adapt to your acoustic environment. Symmetrical or individualized stereo pair equalization compensation can be used depending on your requirements
- Achieve smooth frequency response transition around the crossover point, as phase is automatically corrected for all Smart subwoofers on the network
- Group function creates and recalls customized response curves, with each monitor Group having its own GLM calibration file. Groups also include both analog and digital inputs, plus an unlimited number of system setup files
- Manage levels with the software-based GLM master fader or external wired or wireless volume controllers. An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active monitor Group allows you to keep watch over the production levels
- Repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environment
What is AutoCal?
AutoCal is the world’s first optimization system that takes on the work so you don’t have to. The process includes automatic measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every Smart monitor and subwoofer on the GLM 2 control network.
The included, factory-calibrated Genelec 8300A acoustic measurement microphone captures the parameters of your acoustic environment, as AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation in the low and low-mid frequencies to minimize detrimental room acoustic anomalies as well as differences between various listening positions. It also sets the correct crossover phase for all Smart subwoofers on the network.
SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provide recallable measurements for one-, two-, or three-person mixing environments. After automated calibration taken from one or more listening positions, all components in a system will play back at the same level and timing, with acoustic coloration eliminated, leaving superb consistency, imaging, and neutral sound stage
The Acoustic Response Editor GUI provides an accurate graphic display of the measured response, filter compensation, and system response for each monitor, with full manual control of settings.
The Genelec GLM 2 loudspeaker management system is like having a personal acoustician who’ll optimize your monitoring while you relax. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.