Meet the WA-CX12
A faithful recreation of one of the most natural and balanced tube condenser microphones of all time, the WA-CX12 captures the true sound of sources and rooms with extreme accuracy. Used over and over again by some of the world’s most recognized engineers and artists, the original microphone stands out as open, airy, and natural. Pairing the CK12-style capsule with the large-core TAB-Funkenwerk USA output transformer helps the CX12 capture musical bass, organic mids, and polished high end. With no-compromise components and elite build quality, the WA-CX12 delivers that iconic sound that no personal or professional mic locker is complete without.
- Faithful Recreation of the Most Natural and Balanced Tube Microphone of All Time: The WA-CX12 cuts no corners in achieving a highly accurate sound profile compared to the original, known for its organic tones and elevated room sounds.
- Smooth Highs and Vibrant Midrange: The WA-CX12 captures organic and natural-sounding tone with pleasing high end and colorful midrange so you feel the performance come through.
- Custom, Solid Brass CK12-Style Capsule: Dual capsule, edge terminated, and custom machined out of solid brass. Meticulously spec’d to match the detail and warmth of the original
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk USA Output Transformer: Large-core imported German laminations drive all of the full natural sound captured by the capsule.
- Premium Tube: Rigorously tested, hand-selected 12AY7 Vacuum Tube.
- 9 Polar Patterns: Including cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 patterns plus 6 intermediate stages for ultimate versatility, especially in stereo-pairs
- Boutique 7-pin GAC-7 tube cable from Gotham Switzerland: Using vintage-correct construction methods and highly-upgraded components, our 7-pin cable achieves near-perfect signal transfer.
- Includes vintage hard carrying case for all components: Safely transport your mic anywhere with the custom, ultra-durable, vintage-vibe tweed carrying case.
- Custom edge terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK12-style capsule
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA Output Transformer
- Premium 12AY7 vacuum tube
- Premium Capacitors
- Polar Patterns: 9 Patterns – Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8, + 6 additional mixed patterns
- Max SPL: 149dB
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 73dB
- EIN / Self-noise: 32dBA
- Power Source: External IEC grounded PSU
- Cable: Gotham 5 meter GAC-7, premium 7-pin tube microphone cable
- Total Weight: 17 lbs, Mic only: 2lbs 7oz
- Mic Dimensions: 11 ⅝” x 2” (29.5cm x 5cm)
- Solo vocalists
- Piano (stereo pairs)
- Room mic
- Guitar and Bass amp mic (close and distant)
- Choral/group vocals
- String sections