MA-50: Mojave Quality for Everyone!
With the MA-50, David Royer sought to bring pack Mojave quality, clarity and realism in an affordable package. The award-winning microphone designer did just that by pairing the capsule from the MA-201fet with a transformerless circuit. The result? An impressive large diaphragm condenser that sounds great on almost any source. The fast transient response and high SPL handling make it great for drum overheads or loud guitars. The natural frequency response makes it a natural choice for vocals, voiceover, and acoustic instruments. If you’re looking for a quality studio workhorse, the MA-50 will prove to be the perfect choice for any budget. Thanks to the inclusion of a travel case and shock mount, you can bring the Mojave sound to any session!
MA-50 in one take
- Large diaphragm 1″ gold sputtered 3-micron capsule
- Fixed cardioid polar pattern
- Transformerless circuit design
- Ultra low noise
- High SPL handling
- Fast transient response
- Professional shock mount and hardshell case
- Transducer Type Externally polarized pressure gradient capacitor
- Diaphragm: 3-micron thick, 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz- 20 kHz, + 3 dB
- Sensitivity: -40 dB re. 1V/pa
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB
- Distortion: <0.5% @140 dB SPL
- Self Noise: Better than 16 dB (A weighted)
- Power: 48VDC phantom power; current 2 mA.
- Dimensions and Weight: Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10” x 9” x 4.5”, 4 lbs. Microphone: 7 5/8” X 2” (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)