The Mackie Big Knob Passive is a 2x stereo source, 2x speaker pair monitor controller with a passive, pristine audio path that does not color input or output
The Mackie Big Knob Passive is for home and project studio owners looking for the ability to easily switch between two monitor pairs for checking mix translation. It takes its cues, so to speak, as well as circuit design for the world’s best-selling monitor controller, the Mackie Big Knob, to deliver professional level control, plus source and monitor selection. Its passive audio path maintains sonic integrity throughout the signal chain, without coloration of input or output source—what goes in is what comes out. More than a level controller, Big Knob Passive gives you the ability to choose between two sources and two monitor pairs. An elegantly simple monitor controller for any studio o group of editing suites, Big Knob Passive is the affordable monitoring control solution.
Mackie Big Knob Passive in one take:
- Elegantly simple 2×2 monitor controller
- Choose between two sources and two monitor pairs
- 1/8″ mini jack input for Smartphone or MP3 player
- Mackie’s classic Big Knob volume control
- Professional mono, mute, and dim functions
- Crystal clear audio quality
- Passive audio path requires no power supply
- Mackie’s legendary, “Built-like-a-tank” construction
INSIDE THE BOX—Mackie Big Knob Passive
Not much going on inside other than a wide linear frequency response of 10Hz to 30kHz at ±1dB, plus an astonishingly low <0.005% THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise). Naturally, nothing but high-quality passive components and connectors are chosen to create a passive signal path that ensures that what goes into the Big Knob Passive is what comes out of your monitors, so you can reference your mix on two sets of speakers to ensure mix translation to other systems.
OUTSIDE THE BOX—Mackie Big Knob Passive
The top-panel controls of the Big Knob passive include a source-select switch; monitor-select switch; mono, mute and dim switches; and of course, the classic Big Knob volume control. Rear-panel I/O includes 4x 1/4″ TRS monitor output jacks, 4x 1/4″ TRS source inputs, and an 1/8″ mini jack input for smartphone or MP3 player.
If you’re looking for a simple yet high-quality solution for level control and monitor switching, the Mackie Big Knob Passive is just the ticket. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
Mackie Big Knob Passive specifications:
- Frequency response: ±1dB, 10Hz—30kHz
- Distortion (THD+N): <0.005%
- Crosstalk (20Hz-20kHz): <-85dB
- Attenuation muted: -100dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: <-100dB (A-weighted)
- Maximum levels: +22dBu all inputs; +15dBu 1/4″ outputs
- Input type: Female 1/4″ bal/unbal; female 1/8″ unbal
- Output type: Female 1/4″ bal/unbal
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3-3/32″ x 5-13/32″ x 5-19-32″ (79 x 137 x 142 mm)
- Weight: 2.2 lb. (1.0 kg)