This Module is a 2-Channel microphone preamplifier module for the LavryBlue 4496 System. Installation of the MicPre module into the LavryBlue chassis is a simple operation that can be done by the user with common tools.
Every 4496 Chassis can hold up to 2 of these modules – for a maximum of 4 channels of micpre. Each MicPre module takes up 2 of the 4 total module slots available in the chassis.
Other modules available for the 4496 chassis:
- LavryBlue M-Sync
- LavryBlue M-AD 824 (2 channel ADC)
- LavryBlue M-DA 824 (2 channel DAC)
- 2 channels of professional micpre
- Impedance matching for Condenser, Dynamic, and Ribbon mic’s
- Super-low noise and distortion over a wide input and gain range
- Transformerless electronically balanced inputs and outputs provide sonic transparency with excellent channel matching
- Gain adjustment for each channel in 1dB steps 21-70dB
- Phantom power setting
- Distortion- Measured at 100Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz, &20kHz:
- Gain setting 40- 0.001%
- Gain setting 60- 0.005%
- Noise- Input referenced noise at gain settings from 40 to 70dB:
- Input shorted -128dB
- 150 Ohm source -126dB
- Individual stepped analog control with 21 to 70 dB’s gain in 1dB steps for each channel.
- Pad- Front panel switch controls both channels for 10dB lower output level.
- Two channels of electronically balanced XLR inputs wired for Pin 2 “+” (non-inverting), Pin 3 “-” (inverting).
- Input impedance matching for Ribbon, Dynamic, and Condenser microphones. The front panel switch controls both channels. Absolute Maximum input +3V.
- Two channels electronically balanced XLR outputs +4dBu nominal level. +24dBu Maximum Output Level. Wired for Pin 2 “+” (non-inverting), Pin 3 “-” (inverting) operation.
- Can be configured for unbalanced operation using internal jumpers.
- Phantom Power:
- +48V- Available on the input XLR connectors, only in the “Condenser” settings
- Dual regulation provides exceptional inter-channel isolation.