The Kali Audio LP-UNF is an ultra-nearfield desktop studio monitor system designed to be used in small spaces where the ability to get loud is limited, either by room acoustics or the tolerance of neighbors. The LP-UNF presents full-range audio at reference levels with plenty of headroom at 0.8 meters, or about arm’s length.
The system is made up of a primary and secondary speaker, each with a 4.5-inch high excursion woofer and 1-inch dome tweeter. The LP-UNF features USB-C, TRS, RCA, and Bluetooth inputs for seamless integration into your desk space.
The LP-UNF uses much of the same technology as Kali’s best-selling LP-6 and LP-8 V2 speakers. A 3-D imaging waveguide is employed to create a detailed, lifelike stereo image where all of the elements of the mix can be clearly perceived in space. The large front-firing port tube uses a unique. fluid dynamics derived shape that eliminates port noise and compression. This allows you to place the speakers against walls without worrying about adverse effects on the port’s performance.
The USB-C input lets users who aren’t recording use the LP-UNF without a separate interface. You’ll enjoy pristine sound with 24-bit/48 kHz conversion. This makes the LP-UNF an excellent choice for traveling setups or as a floating pair of speakers in dynamic recording situations.
The LP-UNF is uniquely tuned for its role as a desktop speaker. The desk is accounted for as an acoustic element of the system, solving some of the problems that are typically presented with putting speakers on a desk. DIP switches are provided to account for the position of the system in a room, and for you to dial in bass and treble to your preferences.
The LP-UNF has boundary EQ settings for placing the speakers on:
- Desk away from walls
- Desk against a wall
- Desk on speaker stands away from walls
- Desk on speaker stands against a wall
- Recording desk with rack units away from walls
- Recording desk with rack units against a wall
The LP-UNF is part of Kali’s 2nd Wave product family, utilizing low noise-floor technology, upgraded drivers, and an advanced limiter circuit to maximize output and fidelity while keeping noise to a minimum.
- 4.5″ woofer
- 3D image waveguide delivers an incredible soundstage with spot-on imaging
- Low-noise bass port tube delivers clean, punchy bass
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Touch sensitive volume slider makes is a breeze to dial in your speakers
- Boundary EQ ensures optimal sound in any environment accessible via Dipswitch
- Max SPL is 103 dB
- Frequency Range: 47 Hz – 21 kHz (±3 dB)
- Frequency Response: 39 Hz – 25 kHz (-10 dB)