Meet the Josephson C617SET
The Josephson C617 is the second generation of their high voltage metal diaphragm omnidirectional microphone, suitable for the most critical sound recording and measurement applications. It operates from standard P48 phantom power yet provides full 200 volt polarize potential for a lab grade standard “half-inch” microphone capsule. The C617SET is supplied with a Microtech Gefell MK221 capsule. The dynamic range is dependent on the inherent noise of the microphone capsule and the limits of P48 phantom power. The Josephson cascode FET front end circuitry introduced in the C606 is further refined in the C617, combined with their traditional balanced bipolar class-A symmetrical output stage.
For music recording, the Josephson balanced symmetrical circuitry together with a submicron thickness metal diaphragm capsule which translates to the purest, most open sound possible. Pickup of sound pressure alone results in no proximity effect, very low sensitivity to wind noise, and phase accuracy that cannot be obtained with directional microphones. Spot-miking applications or overall stereo pickups using spaced pairs take on a new level of detail and precision not possible with other types. The small capsule size results in a nearly perfect omnidirectional pattern for accurate pickup of the whole acoustic environment.
- Frequency Response 10 Hz – 20 kHz ±1 dB
- Equivalent noise level 14 dB SPL, A-weighted
- Sensitivity 66 mV/Pa (-24 dB ref 1V/Pa)
- Maximum output level +7dBV for <1% THD, 1kΩ load (127 dB SPL)
- Output impedance 50Ω (minimum load impedance 1kΩ)
- Power requirements P48 phantom per IEC 61938, <5 mA
- Temperature Range, -10 to +50°C
- Dimensions 21mm dia, 176mm long (with capsule)
- Weight 120g