Meet the Josephson C617
The Josephson C617 is the second generation of their high voltage metal diaphragm omnidirectional microphone, suitable for the most critical sound recording and measurement applications. It operates from standard P48 phantom power yet provides full 200 volt polarize potential for a lab grade standard “half-inch” microphone capsule.
For music recording, the Josephson balanced symmetrical circuitry together with a submicron thickness metal diaphragm capsule which translates to the purest, most open sound possible. Pickup of sound pressure alone results in no proximity effect, very low sensitivity to wind noise, and phase accuracy that cannot be obtained with directional microphones. Spot-miking applications or overall stereo pickups using spaced pairs take on a new level of detail and precision not possible with other types. The small capsule size results in a nearly perfect omnidirectional pattern for accurate pickup of the whole acoustic environment.
Specifications of C617 body alone, for use with other capsules, except:
- Frequency Response 10 Hz – 80 kHz ±1 dB
- Equivalent noise level <2.5μV A-weighted, <6.5μV CCIR quasi-peak
- Gain 2.5 dB (balanced symmetrical direct-coupled output)
- Maximum output level +7dBV for <1% THD, 1kΩ load
- Output impedance 50Ω (minimum load impedance 1kΩ)
- Capsule polarization 200V
- Dimensions 21mm diameter, 165mm long (with capsule)
- Weight 110g