Earthworks M30 omnidirectional measurement microphone with flat, ultra-wide 3Hz-30kHz frequency response, exceptional polar characteristics and superfast impulse response
When David Blackmer founded Earthworks, his goal was to create the best-sounding speakers the world would ever hear. Drawing on his immense design acumen from his days as founder of dbx and creator of innovations such as over-easy compression (still ubiquitous in the studio), Blackmer realized that in order to measure the response of such speakers, his test equipment needed to far surpass the performance on any test microphones available at the time—and thus the M30 omnidirectional measurement microphone was born (which also laid the foundation for all subsequent Earthworks microphones). The M30 is a 30kHz omnidirectional microphone provides precision response for acoustical measurements, including high-end loudspeaker design and quality control, scientific research, measurements of ultrasonic or subsonic transducers, or any application where an extremely accurate free-field measurement microphone is required.
Earthworks M30 Omni Measurement Mic in one take:
- 30kHz flat frequency response
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC™ previously offered by EAW
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART, MLSSA, Spectrafoo, TEF and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
30kHz flat frequency response
In order for test equipment to be effective, it has to be able to “hear past” the performance parameters of the new benchmark you wish to establish. In his quest for the ultimate precision measurement microphone, Earthwork’s founder, David Blackmer, realized that that in order to capture fast transients of all amplitudes, the mic’s diaphragm had to be highly compliant. Toward that end, the 1/4″ diaphragm of Earthworks mics was born. Able to overcome inertia more effectively than any other diaphragm, the M30 has an extraordinary impulse response.
The M30’s audio performance is unparalleled, with an ultra-wide 3Hz to 30kHz frequency response that’s linear throughout the entire spectrum. Its omnidirectional polar response is exceptionally consistent, exhibiting a coherent, even response across the direct and off-axis sections of the capsule. Additionally, the M30 has a 140dB SPL rating without no distortion and no handling noise. Taking into account the subtleties of acoustic behavior, particularly the change in sound characteristics based on atmospheric characteristics, the M30 features temperature-compensated electronics, to deliver repeatable results no matter what the environment.
Used with all the industry standard acoustic measurement systems
Lightning fast impulse response and linear phase response make the M30 ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software, such as SMAART, SIM, REW, Electroacoustics Toolbox, FuzzMeasure and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Hand-tuned and tested
Every Earthworks M30 is individually hand-tuned, tested, and ships with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
The Earthworks M30 omnidirectional measurement microphone is designed for to exceed the most stringent requirements for those who demand the very best. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
Earthworks M30 specifications:
- Frequency Response: 3Hz to 30kHz ±1/-3dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 140dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65 ohm balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600 ohm between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A-weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 9″ x 7/8″ (229 x 22 mm)
- Weight: 1/2 lb. (225g)