The Earthworks C30 ChoirMic is a hanging gooseneck condenser mic with flat 50Hz-30kHz frequency response, vocal-optimized for fixed installation in churches and other venues.
The problems encountered when miking choirs in large houses of worship or concert halls aren’t always solved by putting up some boundary mics or omnis on stands—particularly if the choral performance is a regular weekly feature that needs to be recorded. Choir mics present a challenge to integrators in fixed installations. The common solution is an angle guide microphone’s lead to aim towards the stage or pulpit. However, this requires small, lightweight mic in order to aim the mic without gravity taking over. Also, it requires the mic’s electronics to be located at a considerable distance from the element, which in turn makes it susceptible to signal loss and noise. The solution is the Earthworks C30 ChoirMic. Only Earthworks microphones can offer the necessary combination of small size and huge performance.
Earthworks C30 ChoirMic—in one take:
- 30kHz flat frequency response optimized for vocals
- Near-perfect polar pattern with high rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone
- Cardioid or hypercardioid
- No spotlighting
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Electronics housed in microphone
- Prevents RFI
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning
- Comes with 30 foot balanced, twisted pair Canare cable
- Available in black and white
- Custom cable lengths available
- Does not come with XLR (order accessory C30-XLR for installed male XLR)
Extended frequency response to 30kHz
With its electronics housed in the mic itself, the C30 features a ruler-flat frequency response from 50Hz to 30kHz, fast impulse response, and high SPL-handling. With Earthworks patented near-perfect pickup pattern at all frequencies, you can easily cover large groups with just a few microphones. The C30 will reproduce the sound of the choir with incredible articulation and no spotlighting, so no one voice outshines the rest. Instead, the choir will sound like a unified voice. With over 30dB of rear rejection, the C30 has more gain before feedback while picking up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone.
Flexible mini gooseneck for precise positioning
The C30 features a small microphone head attached to a flexible mini gooseneck, which allows quick and precise positioning of the microphone. The 30′ (9m) attached Canare Star Quad cable resists twisting due to temperature and humidity changes, so you can rest assured that the microphone will stay put once it has been properly aimed. Measuring just 7/8″ (22mm) in diameter at its largest point, the C30 practically disappears from view when installed, providing a low profile miking solution.
Earthworks C30 ChoirMic options:
The C30 includes a 30′ (9m) un-terminated cable. The C30-XLR accessory is available for purchase to terminate with an XLR. Standard cable length is 30′ (9m), but can be customized when ordering using accessory C30-CCL. Available in black or white. Available in cardioid or hypercardioid.
The C30 ChoirMic offers integrators an elegant and great-sounding solution for miking choirs and other venues with high ceilings. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
Earthworks C30 ChoirMic specifications:
- C30/C Frequency Response: 50Hz to 30kHz ±2dB at 12″ (30cm)
- C30/HC Frequency Response: 100Hz to 30kHz ±2dB at 5″ (12cm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid or Hypercardioid
- C30/C Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- C30/HC Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- C30/C Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- C30/HC Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65 ohm balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600 ohm between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 12-3/4″ x 7/8″ (324 mm x 22 mm)
- Attached Cable: 30′ (9.14m) Canare Star Quad
- Weight: .22 lb. (100g) microphone only; 1.2 lb (544.3g) microphone with 30′ cable