Universal Audio have just announced their latest software development – a DAW recording system designed specifically for flawless integration with your Apollo workflow. Featuring Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, built-in Neve Summing, Multitrack Tape Emulation, and new LUNA Instruments from Universal Audio, Moog Music, Spitfire, and more, LUNA promises a smooth and streamlined recording experience with the rich and unmistakeable sound of UAD-2.
Total Integration with LUNA & Apollo
LUNA Recording System’s tight hardware-software integration allows quickly routing and recording audio through DSP-powered UAD plug-ins with no discernable latency via the new Accelerated Realtime Monitoring feature. Accelerated Realtime Monitoring is poised to be a major revelation for those unaccustomed to working on a $10k+ DSP-assisted recording system; music production will instantly seem more robust, dependable, and intuitive, without latency or monitoring hassles.
Mac users of any Thunderbolt-equipped UA interface will be able to download the LUNA app for free this spring. With it comes the new LUNA Extensions, along with UA’s long-awaited exploration of Virtual Instruments in the form of LUNA Instruments.
Built-In NEVE Summing for Legendary Console Sound
LUNA Recording System offers precisely emulated audio summing circuitry from the Neve 80-Series audio mixing consoles designed by Neve Electronics in the 1960s and early 1970s, featuring the harmonically rich sound of the Neve 1272 summing amplifier. Far beyond a “summing plug-in,” Neve Summing is a LUNA Extension built-in to the fabric of LUNA’s mixer — and can instantly transform a clean technical mix into a classic-sounding recording filled with energy and life.
Warmth & Punch On Tap with Integrated Multitrack Tape
LUNA’s audio transport features integrated Multitrack Tape emulation via the included “Oxide” LUNA Extension — providing sonic qualities commonly described by audio engineers as “warmth” and “cohesion” on every desired audio or instrument track. LUNA Recording System users may choose to further explore various magnetic tape sounds with the optional Studer® A800 Tape Recorder Extension (sold separately).
LUNA Instruments | UA’s Analog Modeling, More Musical Than Ever
LUNA is further distinguished by all-new software-based LUNA Instruments — bringing Universal Audio’s expertise in electrical and acoustic modeling, sampling, synthesis, and signal processing to virtual instruments for the first time ever. The resulting software instruments are ultra-realistic, responsive, and “alive” with inspiration.
When LUNA launches this Spring, users will get instant access to a wide range of instruments including:
● Moog® Minimoog — developed in partnership with Moog Music, the Moog Minimoog is an incredibly accurate and inspiring emulation of the archetypal 1971 Moog synthesizer
● Ravel™ grand piano — a breathtaking model of a Steinway Model B grand piano based on UA’s proprietary sampling, physical modeling, and new Ultra-Resonance technology — providing all the sonic nuance of this studio classic
● Shape™ — a complete creative toolkit with vintage keys, drums/percussion, guitar/bass, orchestral content, and realtime synthesis, courtesy of Universal Audio, Spitfire Audio, Orange Tree Samples, Loops de la Creme, and more — included free in LUNA
Universal Audio LUNA | What We Know
Having just been announced, info on LUNA is scarce, but here’s what we know:
- LUNA takes the sleek interface, hands-on flexibility, and total Apollo integration of UA’s Console software and transforms it into an exciting new DAW.
- LUNA will launch Spring 2020, and will be available as a free download for Mac users of Thunderbolt equipped UA interfaces like the Apollo X series and the portable Arrow.
- LUNA was designed for perfect integration with the UAD-2 Apollo, allowing for unprecedented workflow enhancements including Accelerated Realtime Monitoring and lightening fast routing to record through UAD’s award-winning plug-ins.
- Bundled with it will be UA’s first foray into the world of Virtual Instruments with a licensed model of the classic Moog Minimoog alongside the Ravel grand piano, which uses UA’s new Ultra-Resonance technology to brilliantly model a Steinway Model B.
- UAD favorites like the OXIDE tape emulation and Neve preamp have been transformed to be an integral part of the LUNA platform to create a DAW with a classic sound that stands apart from any other recording software.
Get Your LUNA Enabled Audio Interfaces Below!
No products were found matching your selection.