The PEQ2 is a fully Class-A discrete 1970’s-style mic-pre/equalizer.
It can directly replace the 1073. The 18-way gold plated Amphenol connector will mate with vintage Neve “80 Series” consoles or racks. The similarity to the 1073 stops there! We’ve taken the PEQ1 and enhanced it to make it even better!
PEQ2 New Features:
- NEW output stage added to the tail end, just before output transformer, for greater maximum gain.
- Upgraded “NICO” transformers (Nickle/Iron/Colbalt).
- Improved Gain switches with over 3 x the gold contact area per switch position.
- Improved EQ switches with over 3 x the gold contact area per switch position.
- Light pipe pushbuttons, as used in the Wunderbar Console.
- Discrete, active high pass filter.
- LED metering with Green signal indicator and Red clip light.
- Gain knob now has one extra counter clockwise position to achieve -6db less gain (-24dB instead of -18dB like on old units).
- Totally redesigned enclosure with thicker gauge metal for superior shielding and better RF protection.
- Thicker faceplate.
- 1% Metal Film resistors for lower noise floor and better matching from channel to channel.
- Sturdier amp compensation or RF rejection capacitors.
- New PCB with revised and optimized component layout with beefier traces.
- RF filtering.