TB12 – Tone and Gain for Days
Talk to most any top engineer, and they will tell you a preamp is one of the most important links in your signal chain. This explains why these same engineers have a huge range of vintage and modern preamps to choose from depending on what sound they’re looking for.
Clean, Dirty, Nickel or Steel
Assuming you don’t have a collection of vintage preamps, the TB12 offers a wide range of colors to make up to it. Use the flexible transformer section from CineMag, a discrete opamp, and a variable capacitor control to dial in the perfect tone for any source. Push the signal hard to hear the difference in tone between Steel and 50% Nickel transformers and more!
Any Source, Any Signal
Whether you’re looking for heaps of gain to amplify quiet ribbon mic, DI bass or guitars, or insert external effects, the TB12 has got you covered. Add on the -20dB pad, polarity switch, and a high-pass filter, and the TB12 proves to be a fully featured tone shaping monster!
- 71DB OF GAIN
- TRANSFORMER SELECTION PROVIDES BOTH STEEL AND 50% NICKEL CINEMAG OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS FOR VARYING CHARACTER
- TRANSFORMER BYPASS SWITCH ALLOWS FOR REMOVAL OF THE OUTPUT TRANSFORMER FROM THE CIRCUIT
- DISCRETE OPAMP SELECTION ALLOWS FOR CHOOSING BETWEEN A 1731(VINTAGE) AND 918(CLEANER) STYLE OPAMP. THESE ARE SOCKETED/SWAPPABLE WITH YOUR CHOICE OF 2520 6 PIN FOOTPRINT OPAMPS
- IMPEDANCE SWITCH LABELED TONE TO SWITCH BETWEEN 150 AND 600 OHMS INPUT IMPEDANCE
- 2 MEG OHM TRUE HI-Z INPUT ON FRONT PANEL SENDS INSTRUMENT SIGNAL THROUGH ENTIRE CIRCUIT INCLUDING BOTH CINEMAG TRANSFORMERS AND THE DISCRETE OPAMPS. GREAT FOR GUITARS, BASS, KEYBOARDS AND OTHER INSTRUMENTS THAT HAVE A 1/4″ OUTPUT JACK
- 80HZ HIPASS FILTER
- POLARITY REVERSE
- UTILIZES PREMIUM GRADE CINEMAG USA TRANSFORMERS
- +48V PHANTOM POWER
- OUTPUT ATTENUATION ALLOWS FOR SATURATION FLEXIBILITY OF BOTH OPAMPS AND TRANSFORMERS
- ¼” INSERT FOR THE USE OF INLINE COMPRESSORS, EQ’S ETC
- BALANCED XLR MIC (FRONT AND BACK), BALANCED TRS LINE, AND ¼” UNBALANCED INSTRUMENT INPUTS
- BALANCED XLR AND TRS OUTPUTS
- -20DB PAD
- LED VU METER
- 19″ RACKMOUNTABLE
- SWITCHABLE 115/230 VOLT IEC POWER INLET.
- CAPACITOR SELECTION BETWEEN TANTALUM AND ELECTROLYTIC FOR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS