Universal Audio UAD-2 QUAD Custom PCIe DSP Accelerator
PCIe DSP Card with 4 x SHARC 21469 Floating-point Coprocessors Chips, the Analog Classics Plus UAD-powered Plug-in Bundle, and Your Pick of 3 x UAD-powered Plug-ins – AAX, VST, AU, RTAS (Mac/PC)
UAD Satellite QUAD PCIe Custom in one take:
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, PCIe, or FireWire
- Get a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes via four or eight SHARC processors
- Start mixing right away with the included Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, and select from five available UAD-2 plug-in bundles
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
- Meticulously modeled by UA engineers
The desktop UAD-2 Satellite comes with three different types of data transmission connectivity, including Thunderbolt for Mac and Windows 10 systems, USB 3.0 for Mac and PC, and FireWire* for legacy Mac and PCs. It also comes in the form of a user-installable PCIe card for desktop towers or PCIe expansion chassis.
*Available only on QUAD-equipped Satellites
The UAD-2 Satellite USB QUAD includes four SHARC processors. Analog Devices’ SHARC processors are the premier real-time floating-point DSP processor for applications that require a wide dynamic range. They feature exceptional core and memory performance, outstanding I/O throughput. Additionally, the Satellite’s USB 3.0 SuperSpeed technology offers reduced plug-in latency compared to FireWire 800.
UAD-2 Plug-in Bundles:
- Custom 2 (any two UAD plug-ins, save up to 58% )
- Custom 3 (any three UAD plug-ins, save up to 60%)
- Custom 6 (pick any six UAD plug-ins, save up to 65%
- Custom 10 (select any 10 UAD plug-ins, save up to 70%)
- Ultimate 8 (get all 100+ UA-developed plug-ins, save 80%)
Combine Satellite with other UA devices
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, DUO, QUAD, and 16 for truly scalable mixing power.
UAD Plug-In craftsmanship
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group meticulously recreates classic analog gear via physical modeling that literally rebuilds the unit component by component in the digital domain. With UAD-2 plugs, you have to treat them as you would actual analog gear in terms of how you apply signal. For example, you can “hit” them harder for more saturation, or back off for cleaner response. UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware, bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics “inside the box.”
Who’s Using UAD-2 powered plug-ins?
With an extensive and ever-growing list of professional and amateur users, some of the audio luminaries who use UAD-2 powered plug-ins as an irreplaceable part of their process, include 11-time Grammy winner, Mick Guzauski (Daft Punk, Eric Clapton), Joe Chiccarelli (Jason Mraz, Beck, The Strokes, Morrisey) Ryan West (Eminem, Kanye West), Darrell Thorp ( Beck, Radiohead), Jaycen Joshua (Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Jay Z), Vance Powell (The Raconteurs, Jars of Clay), and many more.
Boost your DAW’s processing power with Universal Audio’s UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP accelerator and save up to 80% on powered plug-in bundles. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro sales consultant today.
|Dimensions||2 x 9 x 12 in|
|Pro Tools HD||