Universal Audio Apollo x6 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
Elite Audio Conversion with new HEXA Core processing, Surround Sound Monitoring, Two Unison™ Mic Preamps, and Classic Analog Sound
Buy Today and get the UAD-2 Realtime Analog Classic Plus plug-in bundle FREE!
Welcome to the Apollo family!
The Apollo x6 is the newest member of the Apollo family, bridging the gap between the desktop Apollo Twin and the rackmount Apollo x8, x8p and x16. With its HEXA Core processing, dual Unison preamps, best in class elite A/D/A conversion and 16 of UAD’s award-winning plug-ins, the Apollo x6 is the perfect way to get the full Universal Audio experience at an affordable price! Of course, if you ever need more I/O, preamps or DSP in the future, you can easily connect additional Apollo interfaces over a simple Thunderbolt connection. The many features introduced in the Apollo X including the new talkback mic, Surround Sound support (up to 5.1 formats), +24 dBu selectable operating level, elite-class conversion are all here, making the Apollo x6 a perfect foundation for a professional studio. Whether you’re recording, mixing, mastering or building a post-production suite, the Apollo x6 is sure to impress.
Universal Audio Apollo x6 in one take:
- 16 x 22 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with new elite-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion.
- HEXA Core processing offers 50% more plugin-processing power than previous Apollos, letting you record and mix with more UAD Powered Plug-Ins than ever, all with near-zero latency!
- Selectable +24 dBu for increased compatibility with analog gear, tape machines and mixing consoles.
- Surround Sound monitoring up to 5.1.
- Simple front-panel control of preamps, monitor switching, output level and the newly added talkback mic.
- Record through the 2 Unison-enabled Mic/Line preamps with authentic recreations of legendary channel strips from Neve, API, Manley, SSL and Universal Audio.
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD Accelerators over Thunderbolt 3, adding DSP, preamps and I/O as your studio grows.
- Backwards compatible with previous Apollos with Thunderbolt 1 or 2 adapter (sold separately).
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
Universal Audio has outdone themselves yet again, with a new elite-class converter design that features a whopping 129 dB of dynamic range and an impressive signal-to-noise ratio of -118 THD+N. The gorgeous clarity and punchy, open tone of Universal Audio’s Apollo line has been heard on countless Grammy winning albums, and the new elite-class 24-bit/192kHz converters and fine-tuned analog circuitry continue the Apollo legacy. The Apollo’s class-leading sound is the perfect blank canvas for shaping your next hit with Universal Audio’s award winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins.
Unison Technology: The Sound of Neve, API and Manley Preamps
The Unison-enabled mic preamps in the Apollo x6 let you track large projects through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. Exclusive to the Apollo series, Unison technology precisely captures the sonics of these renowned tube and solid state mic pres, down to the component level, including the input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors of the original hardware. The secret to Unison is the integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard HEXA Core DSP processing. By simply instantiating a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
More connectivity for every workflow:
Apollo x6 allows for Surround Sound monitor control for formats up to 5.1 with monitor calibration and fold-down capability, bringing the sound and power of the Apollo to the world of post-production. For those integrating the Apollo into an older analog studio, the newly selectable +24 dBu operation will offer easy compatibility with tape machines, mixing consoles, and outboard gear. Lastly, the new, built-in talkback mic allows instant, open communication between the engineer and the talent. The fact that you can record the talkback gives you yet another secret weapon for capturing interesting tones or recording quick demos, allowing you to stay creative rather than have to setup a mic during impromptu writing sessions.
A full suite of classic analog processing on board
The UA Apollo x6 includes a suite of amazing analog emulation plug-ins, including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the legendary Pultec EQs, and UA’s own legendary 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the benchmark by which other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged. Also included with the Apollo x6 is Unison technology on the front panel instrument inputs, giving you spot-on, impedance-matched emulations of guitar and bass amps, such as the Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier, as well as iconic stompboxes like the Ibanez Tube Screamer. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Cascade Apollo interfaces for an expanded system via Thunderbolt 3
Apollo x6 offers 16 x 22 simultaneous inputs/outputs (6×12 analog), with two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports. Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo audio interface can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices* — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo x6 also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt via a Thunderbolt 1 or 2 adapter (sold separately).
Universal Audio Apollo x6 full feature list:
- 16 x 22 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows 10 with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- 2 Unison-enabled mic preamps for recording through exacting preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio
- New HEXA Core Processing allows 50% DSP power than previous Apollos, allowing you to record and mix through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency – without draining your CPU.
- Dual Crystal clocking for low-jitter, artifact free performance and solid stereo imaging.
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610 tube preamp, and more.
- Improved 24-bit/192 kHz Elite A/D and D/A conversion offers class-leading specs for both dynamic range and signal-to-noise.
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for integration with analog mixing consoles or tape machines.
- Full Surround Sound monitoring control up to 5.1 formats with speaker calibration and stereo fold-down capability.
- Brand-new recordable talkback mic with front panel control.
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces or 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt.
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including preamp control, Alt Speakers, the new talkback mic and assignable Dim or Mono controls.
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Apollo: Not just for old-school engineers
Apollo is the interface of choice for new-school hit-making professionals, used to record breakthrough albums by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more.
The Universal Audio Apollo x6 gives project and commercial studios Elite-Class A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and real-time workflow of classic analog recording. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro sales consultant.
Add one of these incredible plug-in bundles to save hundreds on your favorite Universal Audio plug-ins when you buy any eligible Apollo or UAD Satellite card from Westlake Pro!
Mac / Windows
Thunderbolt 3 (Thunderbolt 1 or 2 compatible with adapter, sold separately)
|UAD-2 SHARC DSP||
HEXA Core Processing
2 Unison Enabled Mic Preamps
2 Unison Enabled Hi-Z Inputs
16 x 22
8 ADAT (Optical TOSLINK), 2 S/PDIF
Stereo to 5.1
Up to 2 Stereo
|Built-In Talkback Mic:||
|Included UAD Plug-ins:||