Experience the gold-standard in pro audio recording.
Universal Audio’s Apollo x16 gives professional studios and music producers the same iconic analog tones heard on decades of legendary albums.
With 16 channels of elite-class A/D and D/A conversion — featuring the widest dynamic range of any integrated audio interface on the market — Apollo x16 seamlessly connects to your outboard analog gear or mixing console, giving your studio the perfect centerpiece in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface.
- Get professional sound with the widest dynamic range and lowest noise available
- Mix with powerful HEXA Core processing for running more UAD Powered Plug-Ins with near-zero latency
- Link up to four Apollos for 156 channels of premium I/O and control it from Apollo Twin or x4
- Easily connect to professional studio gear with 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connections, plus switchable +24 dBu headroom settings
Hear Every Detail in your Recordings
Apollo x16’s proven A/D and D/A conversion gives you the same elite-class sound heard on thousands of hit songs and chart-topping albums. Widely praised for its open, natural sonics, Apollo’s converters give you the perfect palette to paint your masterpiece.
Add Analog Color in Realtime
Apollo x16 features HEXA Core processing, so you can record in realtime through a pro studio signal chain featuring included plug-ins like the Teletronix LA-2A, UA 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec tube EQs, and more. But only Apollo lets you tap into the entire UAD plug-in library, giving you the proven hit-making sounds of Ocean Way Studios, Capitol Chambers, and over 100 more.*
Easily Connect your Analog Studio
Apollo x16 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Create Professional Immersive Audio Mixes
Use Apollo x16 as your all-in-one monitoring hub for mixing formats up to 9.1.6, and easily create 16-channel immersive audio mixes for Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and others.
Record with a Fast, Natural Workflow using LUNA
Apollo works with all major DAWs, but only LUNA Recording System gives you seamless integration with Apollo, for big analog studio sound — in realtime — using a host of built-in features and optional extensions from API console modeling to genuine Neve summing and integrated Studer tape.
Your New Analog Studio, Expanded
Link up to four Apollos for 156 channels of premium I/O as your studio grows, and control it all from your desktop using Apollo Twin or x4.
*Apollo x16 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Apollo x16 Features & Specs
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac)
- HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Immersive monitor controller up to 9.1.6 format
- Includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, and AAX in all major DAWs
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included UAD Plug-In Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler