Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII SOLO Thunderbolt Interface
Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface w/ Realtime UAD-2 SOLO Core Processing for Mac and Windows.
BUY NOW and receive a FREE Thunderbolt Cable –
a $39 value
The Power of UAD-2, The Sound of Universal Audio – Right At Your Fingertips
Universal Audio’s Apollo Twin MkII SOLO is a re-imagining of the popular Apollo Twin. A Thunderbolt interface with state-of-the-art conversion, the Apollo Twin MkII sets the standard in audio quality for desktop interfaces. The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII features the same conversion as UA’s flagship Apollo interfaces and console-style monitoring functionality with full resolution at all listening levels. Beyond the impressive sound of the Apollo Twin MkII SOLO is its most distinctive feature: the ability to track in real time through Universal Audio’s world-class analog emulation plug-ins with near-zero latency (<2ms). The 2×6 Apollo Twin MKII SOLO comes with two transparent UAD-2 Unison-enabled mic preamps that deliver the tone and feel of renowned preamps by Neve, API, and Manley, as well as vintage compressors, tape machines, and guitar amp simulations—all in real-time with no increase in latency. Since its inception in 1958, Bill Putnam’s Universal Audio analog gear defined the sound of the golden age of recording. The Apollo Twin MKII carries that tradition forward into the next generation of recorded sound.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII SOLO in one take:
- 24-bit/192kHz, 2×6 desktop Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac/PC with Universal Audio’s next-generation audio conversion
- Unison™ technology and UAD-2 QUAD Core processing offer real-time tracking with genuine sound of Neve, API, and Manley preamps, plus guitar amps and stomp boxes
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle
- Low-latency easy-to-use Console software provides analog-style workflow
- Built-in talkback mic and comprehensive monitor functionality
The Universal Audio UA Apollo Twin MKII SOLO the same conversion as UA’s flagship Apollo 8, 8p and 16 interfaces. Used by mastering engineers, UA’s world-class conversion provides increased dynamic range and and ultra-low THD, crucial for maintaining clarity and soundstage depth at high track counts. The Apollo Twin MkII SOLO has two premium preamps with mic/line inputs, two line outputs, Hi-Z instrument input, and stereo headphone output. It’s also scalable, enabling you to cascade up to four Apollo interfaces and six UAD-2 devices via Thunderbolt, so your system can grow as the number of your tracks soars.
Real-time tracking through Unison™ and UAD-2 SOLO
The UA Apollo Twin MkII SOLO features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, which give you the ability to track through UAD’s stunning analog emulations of Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio preamps. The secret to Unison lies in its seamless integration between Apollo’s premium-quality, ultra transparent mic preamps and its on-board UAD-2 SOLO DSP Acceleration. Unison technology, found only in the Apollo series, precisely captures the analog sound and feel of these renowned tube and solid-state mic preamps down to the component level. Leaving no tubes un-turned, Unison models include input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the circuit behavior of the original hardware. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, and track with the classic sounds of the world’s most coveted mic preamps.
The Apollo Twin’s MkII groundbreaking DSP and user-programmable FPGA (field programmable gate array) technologies lets you track with performance-enhancing, near-zero latency (under 2ms) monitoring, regardless of your DAW software’s buffer size, and with no hit to your computer’s CPU. You can even add up to four Realtime tracking plug-ins in series without increasing latency. Thanks to Unison, you can track on an affordable desktop interface with the sound of a Neve 1073, the gentle limiting of a Teletronix LA-2A, and tube warmth of a Pultec EQ—the equivalent of a $10,000 analog signal chain—all with UA’s industry-leading powered plug-ins.
Realtime Analog Classics bundle
Apollo Twin MkII provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins right out of the box, including Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more. The Apollo Twin MkII SOLO also includes Unison technology on its front-panel instrument input, giving you access to stellar emulations of guitar and bass amps, such as the Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier, as well as iconic stompboxes, including the legendary Ibanez Tube Screamer.
Along with the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Apollo Twin Mk II grants you access to the full library of UAD’s award-winning powered plug-ins, including exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and many more. It’s like having a world-class analog studio with an unlimited budget, right on your desktop. Not just for tracking, these UAD powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing and mastering.
The Realtime Analog Classics bundle includes:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8×10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection).
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Easy-to-use Console software
The Console’s analog-style workflow is designed to provide quick access to the most commonly used features in a familiar mixer interface. Running on the host computer, it controls Apollo Twin MKII’s mixing and monitoring with Realtime UAD processing and provides access the audio interface I/O settings. All of Apollo Twin MKII’s analog and digital inputs can perform Realtime UAD processing simultaneously, while Console inputs with or without Realtime UAD Processing can be routed into the DAW for recording.
The Console app also controls Apollo Twin MKII’s digital mixer so you can monitor inputs without using any other audio software, such as a DAW. Along with its ability to run UAD-2 powered plug-ins via VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs, Apollo Twin MkII’s Console application lets you take advantage of over 25 user-requested features, such as channel strip presets, drag and drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and much more.
Comprehensive Monitor Functionality and Talkback Mic
To accompany the Apollo Twin MKII’s real-time tracking, the Apollo Twin features a built-in talkback mic for communication with talent or recording slate cues. It also comes with increased monitor functionality, including dedicated remote controls, mute, dim, and speaker switching. It also includes mono summing, which enables you to check your mixes for mono compatibility, which is very important when streaming music online (some internet stations broadcast in mono). Apollo Twin MKII SOLO also features two digitally controlled, analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels.
UAD-2 SOLO processor
The most affordable in the Apollo series, the Twin MkII SOLO features a single DSP processing chip, which is powerful enough to run UAD-2 powered plug-ins, such as the included Realtime Analog Classics bundle, without slowing down your computer! If you feel that you may need more processing power, consider the DUO or QUAD versions.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Solo Key Features
- Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Add on one of these incredible plug-in bundles to get your favorite Universal Audio plug-ins when you buy any eligible Apollo or UAD Satellite card from Westlake Pro.
Universal Audio’s Apollo Twin MkII is the most affordable entry to Realtime UAD-2 plug-in tracking and mixing, with all the sound quality you need to make a commercially competitive record. Order yours today.
2 in x 6 out
xlr-1/4" combo. 1/4", ADAT
|Pro Tools HD||
2 premium Unison mic/line preamps
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy), UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy), Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy), Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy), Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy), Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials), Softube Bass Amp Room 8×10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials), Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection), Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection), Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection), Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection), RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler