Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII DUO Thunderbolt Interface
Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface w/ Realtime UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for Mac and Windows.
BUY NOW and receive a FREE Thunderbolt Cable –
a $39 value
For a limited time, take advantage of this special offer from Universal Audio!
The Power of UAD-2, The Sound of Universal Audio – Right At Your Fingerprints
Universal Audio’s Apollo Twin MkII is a powerful desktop audio interface with UAD2 Duo dual-core powered plug-in processor with next-gen conversion, talkback, monitor control, and two Unison™-enabled preamps for real-time tracking with UA’s renowned analog emulations—everything you need to make a commercial-quality record . The UA Apollo Twin mkII Duo is designed to deliver the tone, feel, and workflow of analog recording, without the Eighty-thousand dollar electric bill that comes with large format console. The Apollo Twin MkII is a 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows that features UA’s next-gen conversion, with increased dynamic range, and depth of soundstage. The Universal Apollo Twin MkII has an on-board UAD-2 Duo Core processor, with Unison™ technology, enabling you to track with UAD2 analog preamp, EQ, and compressor plug-ins in real time. Universal Audio is responsible for the sound you’ve heard on hundreds of hit records.
Universal Audio’s Apollo Twin MkII DUO in one take:
- Next-generation A/D and D/A conversion for increased dynamic range, clarity, depth and accuracy
- Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, and more
- Realtime UAD-2 Processing gives you plugin horsepower to run the most complex and convincing analog emulations on the market
- Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching for improved monitoring and workflow
- Talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues
Desktop interface with rackmount quality
The Universal Audio UA Apollo Twin MkII shares the same high-quality conversion as UA’s Apollo 8, 8p and 16 interfaces, used on numerous modern hits. UA’s world-class conversion provides increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD, which maintains clarity and depth as more and more tracks are layered. Known since the ’50s for their preamps, UA has given tThe Apollo Twin MkII two transparent preamps with the ability to emulate the sound of classics, thanks to UA’s Unison technology. The Apollo Twin MkII has two mic/line inputs, two line outputs, Hi-Z instrument input, and stereo headphone output. The UA Apollo Twin MkII is also scalable, enabling you to cascade up to four Apollo interfaces and six UAD-2 devices via Thunderbolt, so your system can grow as your track count does.
Unison™ Mic Preamp Emulation
Infuse your instruments and vocals with the legendary tones of the world’s most sought-after mic preamps, including Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. The Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology combines transparent preamps with UAD2 plug-ins that accurately emulate the signature impedance, circuit behavior on the component level, and gain staging “sweet spots” of industry-standard preamps. The front panel’s Hi-Z instrument input also features unison technology, which provides accurate gain-matching and impedance for UA’s exclusive guitar and bass modeling from Fender, Ampeg, Marshall, and iconic stompboxes including famed Ibanez Tube Screamer.
The Apollo Twin MkII’s seamless integration of UA hardware and software provides near-zero latency monitoring (under 2ms) without taxing your computer’s CPU, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size. Plus, you can add up to four Realtime tracking plug-ins in series without increasing latency. Now with a small desktop interface alone, you can track with the sound of a Neve 1073, the gentle limiting of a Teletronix LA-2A, and tube warmth of a Pultec EQ—the equivalent of a $10,000 analog signal chain—all with UA’s industry-leading powered plug-ins.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing
Apollo Twin MkII provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins right out of the box, including Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more. Along with the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Apollo Twin Mk II grants you access to the full library of UAD’s award-winning powered plug-ins, including exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and many more. It’s like having a world-class analog studio with an unlimited budget, right on your desktop. Not just for tracking, these UAD powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing and mastering.
The Realtime Analog Classics bundle includes:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8×10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection).
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Comprehensive Monitor Functionality and Talkback Mic
To accompany the Apollo Twin MKII’s real-time, near zero-latency tracking via Unison and UAD-2 DSP, the Apollo Twin features a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and or recording slate cues. It also comes with more monitor functionality than previous models, including dedicated remote controls, mute, dim, and speaker switching. It also includes mono summing, which enables you to check your mixes for mono compatibility, which is very important when streaming music online (some internet stations broadcast in mono). Apollo Twin MKII also features two digitally controlled, analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels.
Easy-to-use Console software
The Console’s analog-style workflow is designed to provide quick access to the most commonly needed features in a familiar, easy-to-use mixer interface. Running on the host computer, it controls Apollo Twin MKII’s mixing and monitoring with Realtime UAD processing and provides access the audio interface I/O settings. All of Apollo Twin MKII’s analog and digital inputs can perform Realtime UAD processing simultaneously, while Console inputs with or without Realtime UAD Processing can be routed into the DAW for recording. The Console app also controls Apollo Twin MKII’s digital mixer so you can monitor inputs without using any other audio software, such as a DAW.
Along with its ability to run UAD-2 powered plug-ins via VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs, Apollo Twin MkII’s Console application lets you take advantage of over 25 user-requested features, such as channel strip presets, drag and drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and much more.
DUO core processing
The Apollo Twin MkII DUO features two onboard DSP processing chips, which allows you to use use plug-ins, such as the included Realtime Analog Classics bundle, without slowing down your computer. Get more processing power with the QUAD version, or save a few pennies with the SOLO.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII key features:
- Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
With the Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII, your desktop can access a world of sounds heard on countless classic and modern recordings, once only available in world-class recording studios. For more information, call or chat with your Westlake Pro sales consultant today.
|Pro Tools HD||
xlr-1/4" combo. 1/4", ADAT
2 in x 6 out
2 premium Unison mic/line preamps
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy), UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy), Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy), Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy), Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy), Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials), Softube Bass Amp Room 8×10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials), Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection), Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection), Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection), Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection), RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler