- Next-generation A/D and D/A conversion for increased dynamic range, clarity, depth and accuracy
- Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, and more
- Realtime UAD-2 Processing gives you plugin horsepower to run the most complex and convincing analog emulations on the market
- Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching for improved monitoring and workflow
- Talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features available onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, Unison™ technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion you’ve heard on hundreds of hit records.
A New Twin for A New Generation of Desktop Recording
Universal Audio redesigned the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface to bring you the Apollo Twin MkII. Featuring enhanced audio conversion, this 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface (for both Mac and Windows) utilizes UA’s UAD-2 Core processing and Unison mic preamp emulation, giving you access to the sounds of Neve, API, Manley, and more.
Unison™ Mic Preamp Emulation
The legendary tones of the world’s most sought-after mic preamps (including Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio) are now within reach! The Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison preamp technology accurately emulates the signature impedance, component-level circuit behaviors, and gain staging “sweet spots” of industry-standard vintage preamps.
Utilizing unrivaled hardware-software integration, the Apollow Twin MkII has near-zero latency, even through preamp emulations. The front panel’s Hi-Z instrument input also features unison technology, which provides accurate gain-matching and impedance for UA’s exclusive guitar and bass modeling from Fender, Ampeg, Marshall, and more.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing
UAD’s now-legendary onboard processing has become an industry standard, and the Apollo Twin MkII allows you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins at near-zero latency. All processing occurs in the interface itself so you can use UA plugins without taxing your CPU. The “Realtime Analog Classics” plugins bundle is included, so your Apollo Twin MkII comes loaded with a full rack of classic studio processors onboard. The Realtime Analog Classics bundle includes:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8×10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection).
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Superior Monitoring and Workflow
Monitor functionality on the Apollo Twin MkII has been greatly improved with the additions of Mute, Mono, DIM, and ALT speaker switching options. Communication with the artist is also improved, as the Twin now features a built-in talkback mic and monitor remote controls. These improvements to an already-great product make the Apollo Twin MkII the new standard for professional quality desktop recording interfaces.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Professional Performance and Scalability with Console 2
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
Chain together up to four Apollo interfaces and six total UAD-2 devices for additional DSP and I/O as your studio expands. When used with an Apollo rack unit, the Twin can be used as a desktop monitor controller.
The Apollo Twin MkII DUO features two onboard DSP processing chips. This technology allows you to use utilize plugins, like the included Realtime Analog Classics bundle, without slowing down your computer! Get more processing power with the QUAD version, or save a few pennies with the SOLO.
- Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.