Universal Audio Apollo 8p Thunderbolt Interface
Next-Generation Audio Conversion with Eight Unison™ Mic Preamps and Classic Analog Sound.
Universal Audio Apollo 8p Thunderbolt in one take:
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion, heard on hundreds of hit records
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and more using Unison technology
- Mix with UAD plug-ins, such as the included Teletronix LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610-B Preamp
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 DSP accelerators over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
The defining feature of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. In the creation of the next-generation Apollo series, UA engineers began with grueling critical listening session, auditioning of the latest A/D and D/A converters, which led to the choice of 24-bit/192kHz AKM A/D converters and Cirrus Logic D/A converters married to all-new analog circuitry for the optimal signal path. Apollo 8p provides increased dynamic range and lower THD versus other interfaces, rivaling dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Unison Technology: The Sound of Neve, API and Manley Preamps
The Unison-enabled mic preamps in the Apollo 8p, let you track large projects through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. Exclusive to the Apollo series, Unison technology precisely captures the sonics of these renowned tube and solid state mic pres, down to the component level, including the input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors of the original hardware. The secret to Unison is the integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Acceleration. By simply instantiating a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
A full suite of classic analog processing on board
The UA Apollo 8p includes a suite of amazing analog emulation plug-ins, including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the legendary Pultec EQs, and UA’s own legendary 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the benchmark by which other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged. Also included with the Apollo 8p is Unison technology on the front panel instrument inputs, giving you spot-on, impedance-matched emulations of guitar and bass amps, such as the Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier, as well as iconic stompboxes like the Ibanez Tube Screamer. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Cascade Apollo interfaces for a mega-system via Thunderbolt
Apollo 8p offers 16 x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs, with two built-in Thunderbolt ports. Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices* — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo 8p also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
Universal Audio Apollo 8p full feature list:
- 16 x 20 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows 10 with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- 8 Unison-enabled mic preamps for recording through exacting preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio
- Built-in UAD-2 QUAD Core allows Realtime UAD Processing — tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610 tube preamp, and more
- Next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz Apollo A/D and D/A conversion as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt*
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support—on the phone and online—from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8×10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Apollo: Not just for old-school engineers
Apollo 8 is the interface of choice for new-school hit-making professionals, used to record breakthrough albums by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more.
The Universal Audio Apollo 8p gives project and commercial studios superior A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and real-time workflow of classic analog recording. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro sales consultant.
|Dimensions||24 x 17 x 8 in|
16 in x 20 out
|Pro Tools HD||