Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel Strip
The classic 610 tube preamp and 1176LN compressor in a single unit.
The Universal Audio 6176 is a modern re-imagining of the channel strip used to record popular music’s most iconic performers, combining the classic all-tube 610 preamp and studio-standard 1176 Class A FET compressor
The Universal Audio 6176 is a channel strip that combines two pieces of recording history, the all-tube 610 preamp that’s added dimension and warm character to recordings spanning decades and genres, including the music of Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, The Beach Boys, Van Halen, Coldplay, and Wyclef Jean—a broad spectrum by anyone’s standards. Not only does the Universal Audio 6176 give you the sound of the 610, but also the UA 1176 compressor/limiter, whose legacy in recording is perhaps even more illustrious than the 610 preamp.
UA 6176 Vintage Channel Strip in one take:
- Record through the all-tube mic preamp derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Compress signals with the 1176LN Class A FET compressor section, heard on countless hit records for more than 40 years and currently
- Use the “Split” or “Join” switch for separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- Shape your tracks through vintage UA, “handmade in the USA,” circuits, heritage, and tone, which simply can’t be found with other channel strips
Record and compress with two audio legends
Combining both renowned signal processors in a single space-saving chassis, the 6176 offers a more affordable means of putting a UA signal path in your racks, as opposed to the much higher cost of a 2-610 and an 1176LN. Plus, in Split mode, both sections can be accessed independently, providing the same advantage of processing entirely different signals as having separate preamp and compressor. Additionally, just like the Bill Putnam’s custom-built 610 console channel strip of yore, the 6176 preamp section also includes a simple, but highly effective EQ, for a best of all worlds tracking and mixing solution.
Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel Strip full feature list:
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section — heard on countless hit records for more than 40 years
- “Split” or “Join” switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
A modern release of two true legends combined gives your recordings all the tone and character that Universal Audio is famous for. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro sales consultant today.
|Dimensions||23 x 18 x 8 in|
19 x 12.5 x 3.5
1 x XLR (Preamp, Mic), 1 x XLR (Preamp, Line), 1 x XLR (Compressor, Line), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
1 x XLR (Preamp), 1 x XLR (Compressor)