Universal Audio 4-710d
4-channel Tube/FET Preamp and DI with Tone Blending Knob, and 8-channel 24-bit/192kHz A/D Conversion
The Universal Audio 4-710d combines four award-winning, tone-blending, hybrid tube/solid-state preamps with 1176-style compression and 8 channels of high-quality, 24-bit/192 conversion
Tubes are known for the rich euphonic tone they impart to signal as they saturate, while transistors maintain clean performance as gain increases—so why not have both options in one preamp? Now throw in UA’s legendary 1176-style compression on each channel and you have the Universal Audio 4-710d. With four hybrid, boutique quality preamps, the 4-710d is Universal Audio’s most flexible preamp, with unique tube and solid-state tone blending capabilities that enable you to record with transparency or add character depending on the sound source and you production values. The UA 4-710d doesn’t stop there, it also has 8 channels of Universal Audio’s ultra high-quality conversion with four additional line inputs, enabling you to use the UA 4-710d as an eight-channel interface with four Universal Audio preamps—it doesn’t get better than that.
Universal Audio 4-710d Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamp in one take:
- Track through painstakingly designed UA tube preamps
- Blend tube and solid-state character
- Classic 1176-style compression on each mic-pre channel
- Ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters can add 8 inputs to any UA Apollo interface via ADAT lightpipe
Painstakingly designed UA tube preamps
A leader in both solid state and tube technology, as evidenced by UA’s history-making preamp, the 610, and the preeminent 1176LN compressor/limiter, Universal audio held nothing back when creating the 4-710d “Twin-Finity” mic preamps.
Blend tube and solid-state character
Each of the four mic preamp channels allow for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path.
Along with true bypass for cleanest possible signal path to the converters, send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access. The 4-710 also has rear-panel balanced XLR line input and output, for use in mix processing as well as tracking.
Classic 1176-style compression
The stuff of studio legend, each of the four mic channels features an 1176-style compressor, which captures the essence of UA compression with specially tuned fast and slow settings controlled by a simple front panel switch.
Ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters
With a resume of conversion that includes the UA 2192, which was a huge hit with mastering engineers, the 4-710d’s eight analog inputs are digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters with sample rates up to 192kHz. Digital output is available via dual ADAT optical outputs or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors, for easy integration with most popular audio interfaces.
Universal Audio 4-710d Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamp full features list:
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and trans-impedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
- Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Ω BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs with anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
- One year warranty including parts and labor
Combining UA’s classic analog design with intelligent modern features for a big sound with the character studios have counted on from Universal Audio for decades, the 4-710d is the most flexible preamp in the UA lineup. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro sales consultant today.
|Dimensions||18 x 21 x 8 in|
19 x 12 x 3.5
4 x XLR (Mic), 4 x 1/4" (Line), 4 x 1/4" (Hi-Z), 4 x 1/4" (Line – CH 5-8)
4 x XLR 2 x Word Clock