The TF51 is a fresh take on the “Austrian” microphone sound associated with the Telefunken ELA M 251E and C12. The TF51 continues this legacy, exhibiting a smooth midrange and airy top end, capturing every nuance in pleasant detail. This is a reliable first choice for stand out vocals, acoustic instruments, and percussion.
This lifelike fidelity is created with high-quality components based on these inspirations. The 6072A vacuum tube (also found in our ELA M 251E and C12) is mated with an edge-terminated style capsule similar to the historic CK12. The output transformer is a custom German-made Haufe transformer, the original manufacturer for TELEFUNKEN. This attention to detail gives the TF51 a beautifully open and smooth sonic profile.
Every TF51 microphone system comes with a multi-pattern M 903 Power Supply, M 803 Tube Microphone Cable, ZC03 Shell Case, M 703 Shock Mount, M 782 Stand Mount, and Microphone Sleeve.
- Open and detailed frequency response
- Airy and smooth top end, reminiscent of the ELA M 251E
- Balanced low end and natural mid range
- Hand assembled in the USA
- CK12-style capsule and Haufe transformer, similar to the C12 and 251E
- Female vocals, Pop vocals
- Acoustic guitar
- Drum overheads
- Grand piano