Solid State Logic’s Legacy in Control
Advanced workflow is at the heart of Solid State Logic’s design philosophy. All the way back to the legendary 4000E console, SSL have led the way in developing tools which revolutionize the way we interact with our productions and harness creativity. Fast forward to today, SSL’s UF1, UF8 and UC1 controllers are doing the same once again. Removing barriers and connecting artists, producers, and engineers closer to their technical and creative workflow. The result? Better quality productions that come together effortlessly, with subtlety and emotion that sets them apart.
UF1 DAW Control Centre
UF1 is the ultimate single fader controller for anyone who wants comprehensive control of their DAW, bringing SSL’s renowned advanced workflow to in-the-box productions. UF1 boasts a premium 100 mm motorized fader, dual high-resolution displays, soft-feel durable rubber keys and a weighted jog wheel, all encased in a robust metal chassis. UF1 offers complete control of a DAW’s pans, sends, plug-in control and more, plus the ability to customize 46 soft keys specifically to your workflow. Clear and insightful visual feedback, intuitive control and deep integration with the SSL Meter Plug-in and SSL 360° software – UF1 offers power and control never seen before from a controller of this size.
1 To Control Them All
UF1 can control up to 3 DAWs simultaneously and comes with workflow ready templates to get you up and running quickly. Dedicated transport controls and weighted jog/scrub wheel make moving around even the largest session quick and efficient. Secondary Transport keys can be customized to essential workflow shortcuts such as Loop on/off and click track on/off. Or press the Shift button for fast access to DAW automation modes. The premium 100 mm motorised SSL fader offers precise control when writing automation and of course, fine tuning track volume in recording and mixing sessions.
UF1’s dual high-resolution displays provide in-depth visual feedback of DAW track names, parameters, time display, the SSL Meter plug-in and 360°-enabled channel strips in the SSL Plug-in Mixer. Control SSL Channel Strip plug-in’s directly from the UF1 surface, with the plug-in’s EQ curve shown on the large display. Gate and compression activity is also shown on the small display. UF1’s large, multi-purpose notched encoder allows for channel banking, mouse wheel emulation (Focus mode), and control of computer system volume.
Meter Plug-in and SSL 360° Integration
Beyond its comprehensive DAW control, every UF1 purchase includes a perpetual license for the SSL Meter plug-in (worth $99.99), which is visualized on the large 4.3” IPS display and can be controlled directly from the UF1 surface or the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer. The SSL Meter Plug-in offers essential metering tools, including Peak & RMS levels, K-System, stereo balance, phase correlation bar, Lissajous phase scope, 31-band RTA, VU, and PPM metering.
Expand UF1 with SSL UC1 and UF8 Controllers
UF1 can be used on its own or partnered with UF8 for an even deeper SSL DAW control experience. UF1 is also the perfect hardware expansion for the UC1 SSL plug-in controller, adding fader control and providing easy access to SSL 360°-enabled channel strip parameters alongside visual feedback of EQ curves.
For the ultimate SSL controller setup offering full SSL virtual console workflow, combine up to four UF8s with UC1 and UF1.
- 100 mm high-quality motorized SSL fader.
- 2 x high-resolution displays, including a large 4.3” TFT LCD display for visual feedback of DAW track names, parameters, time display, the SSL Meter plug-in, and 360°-enabled channel strips in the SSL Plug-in Mixer.
- Adjustable brightness display, set via SSL 360° CONTROL SETUP page allows you to reduce controller brightness in dark studio environments.
- Dedicated Transport controls and weighted jog/scrub wheel for total session control.
- Dedicated HUI and MCU DAW Profiles for:
- Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Ableton Live, LUNA, Pyramix, REAPER and Harrison Mixbus.
- UF1 can switch to control the MASTER fader in MCU protocol DAWs.
- Proprietary control of the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer
- Seamless integration with the SSL Meter plug-in (perpetual license included), with the metering plug-in visualized on the large 4.3” IPS display and control from the UF1 surface and SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer.
- SSL Meter offers essential meter tools including Peak & RMS levels, K-System, stereo balance, phase correlation bar, Lissajous phase scope, 31-band RTA, VU, and PPM metering.
- Extend the functionality of UC1:
- Control 360°-enabled channel strips such as Channel Strip 2 and 4K B directly from the UF1 surface and view the EQ curve on the UF1 large display.
- Master mode for the Plug-in Mixer allows UF1 to control a different channel strip to the one that is selected on UC1.
- Fully featured DAW Controller in a compact footprint. Control DAW Pans, Sends, Plug-ins, and Virtual Instruments with ease.
- Enhanced DAW Integration via SSL 360°: UF1 controller now offers even tighter integration with VST3 DAWs like Cubase, Nuendo, Live, Studio One, REAPER, and LUNA. This integration provides control of DAW fader and pan from UF1 and the 360° Plug-in Mixer. The new integration also synchronizes the DAW track color and displays longer track names.
- MIDI CC: Control virtual instruments, sample libraries, and MIDI equipment. Map, rename, and color CC controls across UF1 ‘MIDI CC’ Layers.
- 46 customizable user keys ready to assign your favorite DAW commands or keyboard shortcuts. Select from 12 different colors for any of UF1’s 46 rubber softkeys.
- Secondary Transport row of keys can be customized to essential workflow shortcuts such as Loop on/off and click track on/off. Or press the Shift button for fast access to DAW automation modes.
- Automatic track follow in select DAWs via MCU and improved FADER SEL channel scrolling for easier access to all tracks in the DAW session.
- Fader Mode allows you to use the 4 V-Pots underneath the large screen to control 4 track volumes at the same time.
- A large multi-purpose notched encoder allows for track banking, mouse wheel emulation for hands-on control and control over computer system volume.
- Use UF1 on its own, or partner with UF8 and/or UC1 to enhance the functionality of both products.
- 2 x assignable foot-switch inputs.
- Up to 3 different DAWs can be connected simultaneously and switched between using the Layer keys.
- Powered by the SSL 360° Software application.
- 1 x 100 mm high-quality, touch-sensitive motorized faders.
- 5 x rotary endless rotary encoders with push.
- Large 4.3” IPS LCD TFT high-resolution color display.
- Additional 1.77” LCD TFT high-resolution color display.
- Backlit RGB soft-feel rubber buttons.
- All metal enclosure, finished with a brushed anodized top plate.
- Included stands allow for 6 different elevation angles. Or use without stands.
- Connects to your computer via hi-speed USB – no need to deal with computer networks or ethernet cables.
- Width 205 mm / 8.07”, Height 265.9 mm / 10.46”, Depth 62.5 mm / 2.46”