A great sounding EQ is essential to any mix. Which EQ to use can vary depending on artistic requirement, but quality and flexibility are both critical at all times. What if there was one Plug-In with four distinct EQ types – from surgical to musical – with a track record of being used to mix the biggest hits, films, and live shows?
Enter our flagship Oxford EQ, a Plug-In that traces its heritage to the original EQ section on the acclaimed Sony OXF-R3 digital console. Hallmark sonic transparency meets a simple and interactive interface – resulting in quick, confident and great sounding mix decisions.
- 5-band parametric EQ with variable-slope HP/LP filters
- Four completely different sounding EQ types
1. Clinical EQ similar to the SSL4000 E series
2. Tighter ‘cut’ for removing problem frequencies
3. Classic EQ similar to Neve and SSL G series curves
4. Wide and gentle curves perfect for mastering
- Automatable A/B compare button toggles EQ settings
- Ultra low noise and distortion
An optional 5th EQ type, an exact emulation of the highly regarded GML-8200 EQ hardware unit, is available as a £150 paid upgrade to owners of the HDX EQ version.
Originally designed in collaboration with George Massenburg for the OXF-R3 console, the GML Option faithfully reproduces all the control ranges and responses of the classic analogue original – even delivering centre frequencies up to 26KHz to provide a smooth airy top-end to your tracks.
Imagine your Pro Tools HD session loaded with fully endorsed GML-8200 EQ emulations, with that sound, multiple instantiations, recall and complete automation.