Have you tried to control boomy or harsh frequencies using a traditional static EQ but found you compromised the integrity of the original recording? Then found that writing automation lost you precious time and sounded unnatural? Perhaps you’ve heard that a multiband compressor is the answer but it left you scratching your head?
Then the Oxford Dynamic EQ is the tool you need, providing just the required amount of processing when you need it and takes little time to set up. 5 bands of the ultra-musical Type-3 EQ curve can be overlapped to bring unparalleled control and characteristic Sonnox transparency to your single sources, instrument groups and 2-bus alike.
The Dynamic EQ introduces unique features such as the option to engage the effect by onset (transient) detection – very useful when working with drums and percussion. Additionally, mid-side processing can be used to enhance a vocal without affecting side-channel balance or to open up a mix by focusing low end energy in the centre.
The highly-tweakable space-carving capabilities of the Dynamic EQ will be a welcome addition to your mixing arsenal.
- 5 bands of the Oxford Type-3 EQ curve which offer proportional-Q, often considered the most musical EQ curve-type
- All bands can overlap fluidly without the static phase distortion or low frequency artefacts associated with multiband compressors
- Each band can process and/or detect from mono, stereo, mid or side channels
- Flexible per-band internal/external side chain controls
- A clear and informative GUI simplifies the often-complex workflows associated with multiband dynamic plug-ins
- Flexible upwards/downwards compression and upwards/downwards expansion
- Engage the effect either by setting a level threshold or by using the unique onset detection feature for very precise transient processing