Solid State Logic SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface
USB desktop interface with 2 SSL designed analog preamps, MIDI I/O, and unique 4K analog enhancement circuit
SSL 2+ | More Than an Audio Interface
Solid State Logic studio tools have been at the heart of music production for over 40 years, helping world-famous artists, producers and studios to create so many of the records you’ve come to know and love. Now, with SSL 2 and SSL 2+, you get all that hit-making know-how in your own personal studio.
Beautifully SSL-designed analog microphone preamps and immaculate 24/192 kHz conversion for studio-quality recording, pristine monitoring paths and high-performance headphone amps for crystal-clear playback and an intuitive front-panel low-latency monitor mix control, so you’re always ready to capture the next great performance. The ‘Legacy 4K’ mode – inspired by classic SSL consoles, gives you the ability to add extra analog character and sparkle to your sources when needed. To top it all off, the included ‘SSL Production Pack’ software bundle, which includes some of SSL’s own studio-grade Native plug-ins and a carefully selected range of DAWs, samples, loops and virtual instruments from industry leaders, gives you an incredible arsenal of tools for creating your next hit.
SSL 2+ in one take
- 2X Class-Leading Mic Preamps (130.5dB EIN / 62dB of Gain).
- Pro-Studio Quality Neutrik Connectors and Alps pots.
- High Current Headphone Amp.
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AKM Converters.
- Legacy 4K Analogue Enhancement – Inspired by SL4000 series console.
- SSL Production Pack – Exclusive software bundle.
- Advanced Workflow Technology utilized in ergonomics, layout, and metering.
- MIDI I/O
- 2 additional unbalanced outputs
Legacy 4K SSL Analog Enhancement
The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a ‘forward’, yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for. 4K consoles are synonymous with imparting certain ‘mojo’ to signals passing through them. Using modern components, SSL have created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet-sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path. Add instant SSL magic at the push of a button!
Everything You Need – Right Out of the Box
The SSL 2 comes with a wealth of software to get you ready to record – right out of the box.
- Pro Tools | First
- Ableton Live Lite
- 1.5GB of samples from Loopcloud
- Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start synth and sample pack
- SSL Native Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip plug-ins
- Freq response 20Hz – 20 kHz (line / Inst): ± 0.05dB
- Freq response 20Hz – 20 kHz (Mic): ± 0.1dB
- Mic Input EIN (A-Weighted, 150 Ω termination): -130.5 dBu
- Input Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 110.5dB
- Monitor Output Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 112dB
- Input THD+N (@1kHz): <0.0015 % @ -8 dBFS, <00.5 % @ -1 dBFS
- Monitor Outputs THD+N (@1kHz): <0.0012% @ -8 dBFS, <0.002 % @ -1 dBFS
- Maximum Input Level: +5.5dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +12.5 dBu
- Width x Depth x Height: 9.2 x 6.2 x 2.7”
- Weight: 1.98lbs