Shure SRH1540 Closed-Back Headphones
Shure SRH1540 high-end closed-back headphones feature an expansive soundstage, clear, extended highs, warm bass, and sound-isolating earpads
Some musicians have gotten used to cheap headphones for tracking, because they’re easy for studios to replace, but as far as inspiring performance goes, there’s no substitute for headphones like the Shure SRH1540. A premium-quality, closed-back design, the Shure SRH1540 delivers superior acoustic performance, and comfort—just what engineers and musicians really need for inspired recordings. And of course there’s that Shure bullet-proof durability and long-term reliability (just ask any SM58 owner), which means they’ll stay in service for a long time to come—no constant reinvesting in cheap headphones and uninspired performances. Not just for professional use, the SRH1540 headphones can satisfy the rarified ears of audiophile listeners.
Shure SRH1540 closed-back headphones in one take:
- Premium closed-back headphones for professional engineers, musicians, and audiophiles
- Closed-back circumaural earcups in a lightweight, ergonomic yokeDual-exit, detachable straight cables
- Includes replacement Alcantara ear pads, threaded 1/4″ gold-plated adapter, hard zippered case, 2 cables, and user guide
Shure SRH1540 closed-back headphones key features:
- 40 mm (1-1/2″) neodymium drivers deliver superior acoustic performance for an expansive soundstage with clear, extended highs and warm bass
- Diaphragm developed with APTIV™ thermoplastic film for improved linearity and lower THD (total harmonic distortion)
- Closed-back, circumaural design fit comfortably over the ears, while reducing background noise
- Lightweight construction features aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and carbon fiber cap for enhanced durability
- Steel driver frame with vented center pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels
- Ergonomic dual-frame, padded headband is lightweight and fully adjustable for hours of listening comfort
- Oxygen-free copper cable (OFC) with Kevlar™ reinforced jacket offers superior performance and durability
- Dual-exit cables with gold-plated MMCX connectors provide secure connection and detachability for easy storage or replacement
- Replaceable ear pads feature Alcantara and low-density, slow-recovery foam for exceptional comfort
- Legendary Shure durability allows the SRH1540 to withstand the rigors of everyday use and durability to professional engineers, musicians, and audiophiles alike
Neodymium drivers and Alcantra ear pads
The SRH1540 utilizes 40 mm, high-output neodymium drivers, which provide an expansive soundstage with clear, extended highs and warm bass. Developed with aluminum alloy and carbon fiber construction, the lightweight and durable design also features Alcantara ear pads for maximum sound isolation and comfort. Alcantara is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane, which provide increased durability and stain resistance. The appearance and tactile feel of Alcantra is much like that of suede.
APTIV high-performance thermoplastic film
A product of Victrex, a company with cutting-edge polymeric solutions, APTIV is a thin thermoplastic film that delivers outstanding durability and reliability, with a 300% improvement in speaker lifetime. It increases output power in micro electro-acoustic devices, such as headphones, and maintain excellent acoustic properties. APTIV allows the optimization of resonant frequency, while minimizing harmonic distortion. It also allows the design of custom speaker diaphragms, and reduces failures by providing the ability to design waterproof micro-speakers.
The SRH1540 comes with a storage case, replacement set of Alcantara ear pads, replacement cable, and threaded adapter, to ensure years of uninterrupted tracking, mixing, or listening.
You can invest once in Shure SRJ1540 headphones and have inspiring performances, or keep speeding on cheap headphones that don’t stand up physically or sonically. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
Shure SRH1540 Closed-back headphones specifications:
- Sensitivity: 99dB/mW
- Impedance: 46 ohm
- Frequency Range: 5Hz – 25kHz
- Weight: 10.1 oz (286 g)
- Cable Length 6′ (1.8 m)
- Cable Style: Dual-exit, detachable oxygen-free copper
- Plug: Gold-plated 1/8″ (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack
|Dimensions||10.5 x 9 x 4.5 in|
|Maximum Input Power||
Stereo 1/8" with (1/4") adapter
99 dB/mW (1kHz)