The Shure SM63L is an omni-directional, handheld dynamic mic optimized for professional broadcast, with low-frequency roll-off, noise-cancelling humbucking coil, and sleek appearance for television
The Shure SM63L handheld omni gives professional broadcasters a voice-optimized, high-output microphone that looks every bit as good as it sounds—essential for today’s video-dominated media. Apart from its elegant looks, Shure carefully designed the SM63L to handle the unique needs of broadcast recording and interview segments. Along with its smooth, wide frequency response, tailored for optimum speech intelligibility, its omni-directional pickup pattern, with clear, uncolored off-axis response comes in handy when guests or interviewees turn their heads. For less than controlled environments, such as electronic news gathering, the SM63L has a low-frequency roll-off to reduce stand and wind noise. For the broadcast studio, a built-in humbucking coil makes it virtually immune to EMI (electromagnetic interference produced by studio lighting. There are three versions of the SM63, including the SM63L and SM63LB, which feature longer handles where extended reach is needed for remote interviews and limited access.
Shure SM63L in one take:
- High output, low impedance
- 80 to 20kHz frequency response, tailored for speech intelligibility
- Low-frequency roll-off and built-in shock mount for reduced handling noise and stand vibration pickup
- Humbucking coil for immunity to strong electromagnetic interference
- Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille resists damage from drops up to 6-1/2′ (2 m)
- Patented Shure shock mount system minimizes handling noise
- Immune to rust, corrosion, and moisture
- Built-in pop filter that suppresses breath and wind noise
- Accessory windscreen supplied with SM63L and SM63LB for outdoor use under adverse wind conditions
- Excellent balance and feel for hand-held use
- Supplied snap-in stand adapter
- Sleek, handsome appearance looks good on stage, screen, and television
Why buy the Shure SM63L from Westlake Pro?
Westlake Pro is not just an online pro audio retailer that guarantees the lowest prices. We also comprise Westlake Design Group and Westlake Studios. Westlake Pro Design Group has provided design, integration, and acoustic construction for legendary recording studios, post-production facilities, and broadcast stations worldwide, including studio builds for clients such as Snoop Dogg, Dave Pensado, The Village Recorders, and the award-winning Enzi Studio in Mumbai, India. Among our post-production clients are major film studios, including ABC, Disney, NBC, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Warner Bros, and Capitol Records.
Not only do we build world-class studios, we are a legendary studio ourselves— Westlake Studios. If that sounds familiar, it because the world’s best selling album of all time, Michael Jackson’s Thriller was recorded at Westlake Studios. Whether you’re building a laptop studio or a world-class facility, why not work with the real pro audio experts—Westlake Pro.
Whether you’re in professional television or radio broadcast, ENG, podcasting, or want a good omni-directional dynamic mic for the stage or recording studio, the Shure SM63L is a first-class choice. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
Shure SM63L specifications:
- Champagne finish
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 80 to 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Output Level: -56.5dBV/Pa (1.5mV), (1Pa = 94dB SPL)
- 9″ (23 cm) extended handle
- Cable not included