Sennheiser SPM 8000 XY Surround Microphone
ESFERA 5.1 surround microphones, includes (2) cardioid microphones, pistol group with X/Y suspension, basket windshield, hairy cover and Y-adapter cable (XLR-5 to dual XLR-3)
The Esfera SPM 8000 comprises two high-quality capsules in XY configuration that can either be used as a stereo microphone or compact 5.1 microphone in combination with the SPB 8000 processor
Recording in surround can be a cumbersome endeavor, dealing with Decca trees and phase coherency between three mics if you use the traditional setup, or four mics if you go with a Mid-Side setup replacing the center mic. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could record in 5.1 with just two light-weight mics in XY, that fit on a single stand? With the Sennheiser SPM 8000 stereo mic used in conjunction with the SPB 8000 processor, you can do just that. It offers the phase-coherent stereo image XY is known for, as well as the convenience of miking in surround with a single mic stand.
Sennheiser SPM 8000 XY microphone in one take:
- Can be used as a high-quality stereo microphone or a compact 5.1 microphone system with the SPB 8000 processor
- Very natural, detailed sound
- Weather-proof and rugged
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise prevents masking of delicate sound structures
- Symmetrical transducer technology ensures extremely low distortion
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced microphone outputs: no coupling of spurious signals
- High output signal voltage ensures interference-free signal paths
- Supplied complete with basket windshield, suspension with pistol grip, “hairy” cover and stereo cable (XLR-5 to 2x XLR-3)
What is the Esfera surround microphone system?
Esfera is a surround microphone system that’s simple to set up and very easy to use. With the ability to provide 5.1 surround sound from just two channels, Esfera makes complicated surround mic installations a thing of the past. The system comprises the SPM 8000 stereo microphone, which is two RF condenser capsules in XY configuration, and the SPB 8000, a 1U processor that converts the pickup of the microphones into 5.1 audio signal. The microphone comes with a basket windshield, suspension with pistol grip, “hairy” cover, and stereo cable (XLR-5 to 2x XLR-3).
With the Esfera SPB 8000, there’s no need to hang cumbersome Decca trees and multiple mics—now you record in surround with a single mic stand and cable. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
Sennheiser SPM 8000 specifications:
- Frequency response: 35Hz to 20kHz
- Sound pressure level: 142dB SPL
- Pickup pattern: Cardioid
- Phantom powering: 48 + 4 V (P48, IEC 61938)
- Operating temperature -10C to +60C
- Equivalent noise level DIN-IEC 651: 13dB(A)
- Equivalent noise level CCIR 268-3: 22dB
- Current consumption: 3.3mA
- Sensitivity – 34 dbV/Pa (20mV/Pa)
- Dimensions length: approx. 9-5/16″ (237 mm)
- Diameter approx. 4-5/16″ (106 mm)
- Weight approx. 21 oz. (595 g) (23.6 oz. (670 g) with “hairy” cover)
What’s in the box?
- 1 SPM 8000 stereo microphone, consisting of 2 microphone capsules and a suspension with pistol grip
- 1 basket windshield
- 1 “hairy” cover
- Y-adapter cable (XLR-5 socket to 2x XLR-3 connector)
|Manufacturer Part Number||