Rupert Neve Designs R6 500 Series Rack
6-slot 500-series power rack with more than 150% of required power and sliding screws to accommodate off-spec 3rd-party modules
The Rupert Neve Designs R6 Six-Slot 500 Series Rack is designed to physically accommodate and ensure the optimal performance of 500-series modules from any manufacturer
While the 500 series offers significant advantages, compatibility with power racks (a.k.a. lunchboxes), despite the VPN alliance can be the source of buyer’s remorse. All it takes is a chassis that’s a millimeter too long, or a faceplate that’s a little too thick, and all that convenience of the 500 series falls away. Another problem is the power requirements. In order for some manufacturers to guarantee the performance of their equipment, they may exceed the power limits of a particular 500 power rack. And depending on the current draw of individual units, there may not be enough power for every module in the rack. The Rupert Neve Designs R6 Six-Slot 500 Rack was designed by Rupert Neve to ensure the optimal performance of RND equipment. Plus, it’s designed to accommodate 3rd-party modules that are slightly out of spec physically. If you want 500-series peace of mind before and after the fact, the RND R6 is the answer.
Rupert Neve Designs R6 Six-Slot 500 Series Rack in one take:
- More than 150% the required current for a 6-space chassis
- LED meters monitor current usage
- Solid steel chassis with sliding nuts to accommodate various manufacturer’s modules
- Interchangeable XLR, TRS, and DB-25 I/O connections ensure you can connect wherever you go with the rear-panel patchbay
- Double-shielded to prevent magnetic induction
- Bus-link function enables stereo pairs
- More than double the required power for the 500 series standard
- LED meters monitor your current usage
- Channel 7-8 thru connections can be used to quickly and easily convert your signal from/to DB-25, XLR, and TRS connectors
- Rock-solid phantom power to mics with robust 48V bus
- Universal, auto-switching high-performance supply is at home anywhere in the world from 90V-240
- A solid steel enclosure, two sets of rugged rubber feet for horizontal and vertical mounting, and collapsible handle make the R6 completely portable and ready for the road
In terms of power, the R6 has more than 150% the required current for a 6-space chassis. The extra current handling prevents the power rails from failing under a higher-than-expected load. To help monitor and troubleshoot problematic modules, the R6 is equipped with LED current metering to show how much power is being used. The internal power supply itself has been carefully designed and double-shielded to avoid significant magnetic induction in any of the channel positions. With such attention to providing and monitoring power, the R6 helps your modules realize their fullest potential.
With a plethora of connections available, the R6 rear panel is practically a patchbay on its own. The R6 features 8 channels of balanced I/O options including DB-25, XLR and TRS that may be used interchangeably. This versatility is especially handy when you are taking the R6 with you to another environment where you are unsure of the cables available, or if you need to convert DB-25, XLR or TRS connections to another format using the Thru functionality on channels 7-8.
The chassis is comprised of solid steel with sliding nuts to accommodate various manufacturers modules. All connectors and fittings are of the highest quality to ensure that the R6 will hold up to many years of use.
Load 500-series modules with peace of mind
Because the R6 is built to 500 series specifications, it will work flawlessly with any properly-designed 500 series module you wish to include in it. To help accommodate modules that are slightly out of spec, the R6 has variable-position screw holes to help make the installation process as smooth as possible. The 500 series VCA buss link function can be enabled in pairs on the R6 using the link jumpers on Channels 1-2, 3-4, or 5-6. Enabling link allows compatible compressor modules, such as the RND 543 to share VCA control when their links are enabled. Matching blank panels are also available to cover any empty slots.
If you want to get the very best performance from your 500 series modules and no nasty surprises, the Rupert Neve Designs R6 is the rack for you. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today