Royer R-DB20 dBooster In-Line Signal Booster
Switchable 12/20dB signal booster and impedance buffer designed for ribbon and dynamic microphones
Every Detail from your Ribbon and Dynamic Microphones
The Royer R-DB20 is a phantom-powered ribbon and dynamic microphone signal booster and impedance buffer. It increases the level of passive low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones with a minimum of distortion or coloration. Designed for professional applications, the dBooster provides two levels of clean gain boost; 12dB and 20dB, selectable by a front panel switch. The dBooster maintains headroom and gain regardless of load.
The Class A input circuitry presents a high source impedance to the microphone, which minimizes loading (damping). This reduces coloration and distortion while at the same time improving headroom.
By utilizing the 12/20dB gain switch, optimum balance between gain and headroom can be achieved for a variety of uses.
The low-impedance output of the dBooster is an increased microphone-level signal that can drive a digital interface directly or a standard microphone preamplifier. It also minimizes signal loss on long cable runs.
Royer R-DB20 dBooster in one take:
- Boost the signal of your low-output ribbon or dynamic microphones
- Capture every detail in low-level vocal and acoustic recordings
- Retain signal quality over long cable runs
- Protect valuable ribbon mics from phantom power
- Small, rugged form-factor perfect for tight miking studio setups
- Ultra low noise and distortion performance
- Wide frequency bandwidth maintains signal integrity for any type of recording
- Increase preamp headroom
- True electrical isolation for your signal
- Able to drive difficult loads like vintage preamps and mic splitters without gain loss or distortion
- Gain: 12 or 20dB switchable
- THD+N: @20dB Gain = .0015%, -25dBu input signal, 1.3Vp-p output signal | @12dB Gain = .001%, -6dBu input signal, 3.66Vp-p output signal
- IM Distortion: @ 20dB setting, < .002% @ 800mV output | @ 12dB setting, < .005% @ 2.6volts output
- Self-Noise: -48dB re. 1V/pa , 20dB setting < 11dBa, 12dB setting < 15dBa
- Headroom: -48dB re. 1V/pa and 4mV/pa, 20dB setting: 127dB, 12dB setting: 120dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- .25dB
- Input Impedance: 3.6K-Ohm
- Output Impedance: (at 20dB setting) 300-Ohms
- Current Draw: ~5ma at zero signal and 7.5ma at full output
- Input/Output Connections: Balanced XLR: (Pin 1 Ground, Pin 2 Signal, Hot, Pin 3 Signal Cold)
- Power: 48v phantom