Analog/Digital Crossover Synthesizer
ANALOG. DIGITAL. MAGICAL.
The JD-XA is a unique crossover synth that brings together analog warmth and digital versatility in one super-creative, no- compromise instrument. First, there’s a four-part, all-analog monster with true analog filters and a direct dry output. Next up is a four-part digital engine powered by Roland’s SuperNATURAL synth technology, plus an impressive selection of potent effects. The JD-XA’s engines can be used independently or interactively, providing an incredibly flexible platform for sound design, studio work, and live performance. Use the analog and digital parts side by side, stack them up for total sonic devastation, or shape digital waveforms via the analog filters to create sounds never heard before. With the JD-XA, you can forget about analog or digital—just close your eyes, imagine how the future sounds, and start creating music.
- Advanced synthesizer with independent analog and digital sound engines
- Discrete analog synth engine (four parts) with 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analog Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analog filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Incredibly fast attack envelope time
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine (four parts, 64 voices) that’s compatible with INTEGRA-7 sound libraries from Roland’s online Axial sound portal
- Digital parts can be routed through the analog filter section for warm, organic results
- Comprehensive effects with MFX for all parts plus five system effects (Reverb, TFX1, TFX2, Delay, and Master EQ)
- Flexible routing options for highly creative sound design
- Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer (8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts) for fast creation of songs and loops
- Onboard USB, MIDI, and CV/GATE interfaces plus flexible MIDI control functionality make the JD-XA the ideal centerpiece for live performance and music production
- Mic input allows you to modulate synth sounds with your voice and explore classic Vocoder functionality
- Plenty of backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping
The JD-XA features a built-in USB audio/MIDI interface for working seamlessly with your favorite DAW. It’s also equipped with two CV/GATE outputs, making it easy to interface with popular CV/GATE instruments. Your analog or modular synths can be controlled directly from the JD-XA’s keyboard or pattern sequencer, or from the comfort of your DAW when the JD-XA is integrated into your computer music production environment via USB.
THE JD-XA TAKES THE CROSSOVER CONCEPT TO AN ADVANCED LEVEL BY SEAMLESSLY UNITING CUTTING-EDGE DSP TECHNOLOGY AND PURE ANALOG SYNTHESIS.
The analog filter in the JD-XA has both a smooth sound and a lighting-sharp response, giving you a high level of creative control when shaping sounds. The accuracy and quick response of the JD-XA’s envelope is important too, as it defines the leading edge of the sound. Each individual analog part can have its own dedicated effect, and all parts can be processed together through digital effects such as master EQ, chorus, fuzz, and many others.
THE CROSSOVER ADVANTAGE PROVIDES MUSICIANS A WONDERFUL MARRIAGE OF DETAILED DIGITAL SOUND AND POWERFUL ANALOG SOUND.
The digital section offers a diverse palette of sounds, from fat synth waveforms to crisp metallic timbres and beyond. Digital sounds can be routed through the analog filter, instantly adding organic richness. Massive hybrid sounds are also possible by using both engines together. For example, use Poly Stack mode to layer the four analog parts for richness and body, then add digital tones on top for extra spice.
THANKS TO THE POWERFUL SYNTH ENGINES, EFFECTS, AND HANDS-ON CONTROLS, DRAMATIC TEXTURES ARE EASILY CREATED USING COMMON BUILDING BLOCKS LIKE SYNTH WAVEFORMS AND WHITE NOISE.
Roland’s famous Supersaw waveform coming from a digital part becomes a very warm and rich pad sound just by passing it through the analog filter. Even simple white noise can be transformed into a range of complex sound effects that are perfect for film and game scores. First, enhance the noise using two TFX types, such as one for subsonic reinforcement and the other a short reverb for body. After that, process the sound through the analog Ring Mod and Cross Mod functions and tweak their controls in real time for a variety of cool tonal colors.
|Number of Sequencer Tracks||
|Number of Keys||
4 Analog, 64 Digital Voices
|Attribute: Manufacturer Part Number||