Meet the Launchkey 88 [MK3]
Launchkey 88 is Novation’s full-size and fully integrated MIDI keyboard controller for making tracks in Ableton Live, Logic Pro and Cubase, and more, designed to give you everything you need to create and play your music.
Made for expressive performance, Novation’s premium semi-weighted keybed is set apart from the rest of the Launchkey range, optimized for a responsive feel and tactile feedback. Designed for the player, Launchkey 88 is set up to capture every detail.
Make more of your favorite DAW with dedicated and seamless integration. You’ll have intuitive control of all the key production and performance functionality in Ableton Live, Logic, and Cubase, as well as essential mixer, transport, and navigation controls for all other major DAWs including Studio One, Pro Tools, and Reaper, via HUI.
Bringing 88 premium semi-weighted keys to the creative tools Launchkey is known for, you can create without limits. Transform your sound with creative features including Scale and Chord Modes, and a powerful arpeggiator. Custom Modes and a five-pin MIDI output transform Launchkey 88 into a powerful centrepiece for any player’s setup, whether on stage or in the studio. Combine modes to take your music in new directions, discover ideas effortlessly, and stay inspired.
- Premium full-size keybed 88 premium semi-weighted keys and 16 velocity-sensitive pads allow you to play with feeling.
- Seamless DAW Integration Deep integration across all leading DAWs with immediate access to all the controls you need.
- Powerful arpeggiator with Strum Mode Take your music to new melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic places and unlock more creative ideas.
- Creative Scale and Chord Modes Three chord modes (fixed, scale, and user) let you trigger chords with one finger.
- Play anything Use Custom Modes and the MIDI output to take control of your favorite synths and hardware.
- Ableton Live Lite
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys
- AAS Session bundle
- Spitfire Audio Expressive Strings
- Klevgrand DAW Cassette
- Klevgrand Reverb
Enjoy three years of warranty
Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three-year warranty if any Novation hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 88 note semi-weighted keybed with adjustable velocity curves.
- 16x velocity-sensitive pads with polyphonic aftertouch.
- 9x faders with pickup.
- 8x pots with pickup.
- 9x buttons.
- Transport controls.
- MIDI DIN output.
- 2 x 16 char screen.
- USB socket.
- Kensington lock.
Comprehensive DAW Integration
- Script integration for Ableton, Logic, Cubase, Reason.
- HUI integration for other DAWs including Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One etc.
- Take control of volume, pan, sends, record, play, drum play, transpose, MIDI channel, program change, and assign custom mapping.
Seamless Integration With Ableton Live
- Volume, Pan, Sends A/Sends B, Device Parameters.
- Record, play, stop and loop buttons.
- Play and navigate the drum rack, using the pads and LED feedback.
- Track and scene navigation.
- Select your device to control within a track and lock the assignment.
- Capture MIDI.
- Click on/off.
- Two rows of clip launchers.
- Stop/solo/mute tracks.
- Scene launch.
- Scene navigation.
- Select and arm tracks.
- Quantize the keys to a selected scale, so you always stay in key.
- Choose from 8 included scale types.
- Combines with scale chord mode to help the user explore new musical ideas.
- 3 chord modes total.
- 1 chord mode triggered by the keys.
- Fixed chord mode: Choose the chord notes then play this chord starting from any key as the root note. Lock these chords in key by combining with Scale Mode.
- 2 chord modes triggered by the pads to enable simultaneous playing with the keys. Emitted on separate MIDI channel to the keyboard, to control multiple instruments at once.
- Scale chord mode: generates a bank of chords based on the selected scale, including triads, 7ths, 9ths and 6/9ths.
- User chord mode: allows the user to create a bank of 16 custom assigned chords.
- Up, down, up/down, played, random, chord and mutate modes.
- Strum mode to trigger the arpeggiator with the mod wheel.
- Set the rate to 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and all associated triplets.
- Set the octave range to 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- Control the degree of mutation to increase the melodic complexity of the arpeggio.
- Control rate, octave, range, swing, rhythm and gate.
- Use random rhythms or deviate to sweep through 128 different arpeggio rhythms.
Custom MIDI Mapping
- Create Custom Modes for MIDI control, using Novation Components.
- Select custom colours for the pads.
- Store 4 custom modes each for the pots, pads and sliders.
- Mix and match custom modes for each control area.
- USB bus powered