Circuit is designed to inspire. Two Novation polysynths and a four-part drum machine, combined with an intuitive grid-based sequencer in a standalone box that will have you making electronic music in minutes. Hit some pads, tweak the knobs and your track will start to emerge, all locked in time and key. Play around with effects, patterns and sounds in real time, to produce your track, brimming with fat grooves and beats.
Switch on to the Novation Circuit – the fast lane to creating cutting-edge electronic music whenever and wherever you want. This standalone groove box combines a classic Nova synth, drum machine, and sample sequencer. Compact, battery-powered and with built-in speakers, it’s the real deal for portable and instant inspiration. Equally at ease in the studio, Circuit syncs seamlessly with your computer and session hardware. Uniquely versatile, dangerously addictive –it’s the little box with very big ideas.
Want some instant electronic inspiration? Get on board with the Novation Circuit – the standalone groove box which makes creativity second nature. Start making music in seconds – with Nova-heritage synths, expertly sculpted drums or your own samples.
It’s all about the hands-on experience. Hit the pads, tweak the knobs. Layer the parts, adjust the effects. With its compact design, battery power and built-in speakers, Circuit can be used to make music entirely on its own – anytime, anywhere. Likewise, sync to your computer and session hardware, and use your own samples for full DAW connectivity.
It’s a beat-dropping, heart-stopping musical brainstorm in a box. Grab the moment. The only question you’ll ask is: how did I ever live without it?
Ideas in Seconds. Tracks in Minutes.
Circuit inspires, straight out the box. Combining two-part synthesizer and a four-part drum machine with a 4×8 RGB velocity-sensitive grid sequencer – you’ll be finding new musical directions and creating electronic grooves in no time.
Compact, battery powered and with built-in speakers, Circuit is about getting creative whenever and wherever inspiration strikes. Build entire tunes from scratch without a laptop, then save them and play them back live. Of course, Circuit will also plug into your sound system and work with your computer and other synth gear too.
Deep bass lines, epic leads and warm pads – explore a new world of electronic sound at your fingertips. Building on our Nova heritage, Circuit delivers cutting-edge sound with production-ready monophonic and polyphonic patches full of character.
Build Ideas Quickly
Take control with Circuit’s intuitive interface. The split grid shows your steps and notes at the same time, so you can sequence and play while seeing exactly what’s going on –programme each step or capture your performance in real-time.
Supported by an online suite of tools that are constantly evolving, take advantage of regular updates and new functionality to customize your Circuit. For example, simply drag and drop samples onto Circuit with Sample Import, using the streamlined browser-based Web MIDI workflow, and create your own sound library.
Searching for the perfect beat?
Velocity-sensitive RGB pads let you quickly build expressive drum beats, by step sequencing or playing live across a wide range of drum sounds. Define your sound with real-time control over pitch, decay, distortion, EQ, and filter. Then drop your perfect beat with Circuit – time and time again.
Easily Tweak Your Sound
Unleash your spontaneity with eight macro knobs to take your sound through subtle shifts to twisted transformations. It’s your sonic landscape – go somewhere new every day.
Express yourself with Circuit: straight out of the box and into the mix.
- Sample Flip: The Sample Flip function lets you create multi-sample drum lines on each of Circuit’s drum tracks. In previous versions of Circuit firmware, only one sound could be used on each drum track. Now, you can select a different sample for each step in all four of the drum tracks. So for example, you can have a kick and a snare on ‘Drum1’, freeing up other tracks for additional instrumentation or sample playback. This totally transforms Circuit’s drum- and sample-programming functionality and opens it up to new styles of music.
- Polyrhythmic Drum Patterns: The length of drum patterns 1/2 and 3/4 can now be set independently of the other pair to create mind-bending polyrhythms and pattern variations.
- Components Standalone: Components Standalone lets Circuit owners access all of the features of the Components software, without needing to log in or to have an active Internet connection.
- Fractional Gate – the gate length for a note no longer has to equal one step, it can be shorter or longer. With 6 times the resolution you can add expressivity to your tracks like never before on Circuit.
- Synth Patch Preview – this now allows you to audition synth patches in a similar way to Drum Preview.
- MIDI CC Send and Receive – this means MIDI CC data can be turned on or off to prevent any unwanted parameter changes.
Circuit Key Features
- 2-part Nova-heritage analogue-modelled +wavetable synthesizer
- 4-part drum machine
- 4×8 grid of RGB, velocity-sensitive sequencer pads
- MiniNova spec oscillator types and updated with new wavetables
- 64 production-ready patches
- Step sequence or build live
- Lock your music in time and key
- Tweak using 8 synth macro encoders with RGB LEDs
- Record and playback your tweaks
- Combine up to 128 steps of synth and drum patterns
- Add awesome delay and reverb effects
- 32 slots for saving sessions
- Create your own synth patches using Circuit Editor
- Add your samples with Sample Import
- Compact and battery powered
- Built-in DSP-enhanced speaker
- Pads, knobs, and sequence works with computer and hardware via USB and MIDI
- Instant Pattern Switch: Change patterns instantly and combine with automation for glitchy drum fills and beat repeats.
- Session Colour Select: Available from the unit; change your Session color when saving.
- Clock Settings: Improved setup page with more versatile MIDI control. Separate transmit and receive settings for MIDI clock.
- Circuit Packs: Samples, synth patches and sessions to completely transform your Circuit. Use Components to load Circuit Packs and backup your existing work.
- Improved gate functionality: The improved gate functionality makes it a great choice as a sequencer to drive a modular system, as well as it having two inbuilt synth engines (six-voice), and a sampler built-in.
- Drum Micro Steps: Increases the resolution of the Circuit’s drum sequencer by six steps, accessible by pressing the Gate button.
- Panning: The panning feature splits the audio into left and right channels, which can be set by turning the knobs. There’s also a handy function for muting effects.
- Settings View: Lets you dim the Circuit’s lights as well as change patches on an external synth direct from the Circuit hardware.
- Pattern Chain Sequence: You can select up to 32 patterns and 16 chains of patterns in any order. You can repeat patterns and chains and build up your sequence, navigating easily between sequences. Toggle the append setting to add patterns and chains to an existing pattern sequence, even when playing.
- Tied/Drone Notes: Each step has a tie-forward setting, so it’s possible to tie notes together in order to create drone notes and long ambient pads.
- Synth Micro Nudge: Take your music off the grid by delaying notes on a step from one to five ticks (each step is divided up into six ticks). It’s also possible to use Synth Micro-nudge to create new, more complex rhythms like triplets across the beat.
What’s In The Box
• Novation Circuit
• USB cable
• 2 MIDI breakout cables: 3.5mm jack to female 5 pin din
• Printed Getting Started Guide
• Circuit patches sheet
• Safety information sheet
• 6x AA batteries included
• 12V DC power supply included
Circuit can provide MIDI Input and Output via USB to a connected computer. It is class compliant, so will work on any modern Mac or Windows PC.
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Sound Collective: Free and discounted synthesizers and effects available every two months, when you purchase and register any Novation product.
- Circuit Components: https://www.novationmusic.com/circuit-components
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.