Sample. Make Beats. Perform
Circuit Rhythm is the powerful and versatile standalone sampler for the modern beatmaker. Samples can be recorded directly to the hardware, then sliced sculpted, reversed, looped, resampled, and played chromatically — all in the box. Grid FX invigorate your live performances, with lo-fi tape, stutter, beat repeat effects, and more.
Eight Sample tracks — each with their own 32-step patterns, chainable for up to 256 steps per track — provide a seamless beat-making workflow. Go from a sample to a complete beat with ease using the powerful and hands-on sequencer. Grooves can be quantized or captured off-grid into the sequencer, and probability and pattern mutate controls keep your beats evolving.
Circuit Rhythm’s comprehensive connectivity includes full-size five-pin MIDI in, out, and thru, and analog sync out, making it the perfect sampler partner to any studio rig. The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to four hours of battery life, so you can make beats on the move, and Novation Components provides a platform to load samples and backup your work.
Sample and resample
Record samples directly to the hardware, then slice, sculpt and resample your sounds effortlessly.
Slice, reverse, loop, play chromatically, and more
Playback samples however you choose, whether you’re chopping straight from vinyl, making basslines and melodies, or punching in drums.
Perform with grid FX
Invigorate your live set with performance FX: embrace imperfection with lo-fi tape, stutter your mix with beat repeat, and more.
Eight Sample tracks
Make beats with eight sample tracks, each with its own 32-step patterns, chainable for up to 256 steps per track.
Seamless beat making workflow
Go from a sample to a complete beat with ease using the powerful and hands-on sequencer.
Capture your groove quantized or off-grid into the sequencer, and keep your beats evolving with probability and pattern mutate.
FX on everything
Douse samples in lush reverb and delay, make your mix pump with sidechain, and punch with the master compressor.
Connect to your studio with full-size five-pin MIDI in, out, and thru, and analog sync out. Sample through stereo inputs and listen through stereo out or with headphones.
Never stop creating
Insert a microSD card to save and access thousands of samples and projects.
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to four hours of battery life, so you can make beats on the move.
Go further with Components
Novation Components is the online companion that lets you load samples and backup your work.
Register your Circuit Rhythm today to get access to free plugins and content with Novation Sound Collective.
- Novation Components Standalone software.
- Sound Collective – Bringing Novation hardware owners a new free plug-in every couple of months.
Circuit Rhythm Sample Pack Expansion
Use the six sample packs with over 550 royalty-free samples to add flavor to your tracks. Get inspired by vinyl samples and tight beats spanning hip-hop, trap, neo-soul, and more to give your beats new life and bring out your creativity. Packs are available for free through the Novation Components online site.
What’s in the box:
- Circuit Rhythm
- USB-A to USB-C cable (1.5m)
- USB Power Adaptor
- Safety Information Sheet
Circuit Rhythm is class-compliant, so will work with any modern Mac or Windows PC. For further information see the Novation website.
Sound Engine & Sequencer
- Maximum Polyphony (8 voices)
- Recordable Samples = 4096 (128 samples x 32 Packs [1 internal Pack / 31 Packs on micro SD Card])
- Patterns (8 patterns x 8 tracks x 64 projects x 32 Packs)
- Max Sampling Time (228 seconds per Pack (32 seconds max per pad))
- Import Format (WAV, MP3)
- Pattern Sequencer/Step Sequencer
- Resolution (24ppqn quarter note)
- Pattern length (1/32 note to 64 bars)
- Recording method (Real-time Quantization on/off, Programmable Step Sequencer with Micro-steps/Probability/Mutate)
- Playback direction (forwards, reverse, ping-pong, random)
- Effects (Delay Send with 16 presets, Reverb Send with 8 presets, Side Chain with 7 presets)
- Grid FX (Vinyl Sim, Beat Repeat, Reverse, Filter, Gater, Phaser, Digitiser)
- Sample playback (Slice, Chromatic, One-Shot, Gated, Looped, Reverse)
- 8 macro knobs (Pitch, Start, Length, Envelope, Overdrive, HP Filter, LP Filter, Resonance), Master volume
- Master Filter (High/Low Pass)
Product Hardware Specifications
- 32 RGB backlit velocity-sensitive pads
- 28 RGB backlit tactile click buttons
- Power button with charge status LED
- Rechargeable battery (up to 4 hours battery life)
- Expandable Storage (slot for microSD card (sold separately) for 31 extra packs)
- USB-C socket (power delivery, charging, MIDI)
- Kensington MiniSaver slot
- MicroSD card slot
- 3x MIDI DIN (In, Out, Thru)
- 3.5mm sync out
- L/R Sample In Pair (for recording samples)
- L/R Audio Out Pair
- Headphones out
- 8x endless encoders with RGB indicators
- Master volume pot
- Master filter pot with center detent
- Kensington MiniSaver slot
- Circuit Rhythm is class compliant so it will work with any modern Mac or Windows PC.
- Load and backup packs, samples, Projects, and Grid FX with Novation Components online or using the standalone application.
Included with Circuit Rhythm
- USB-C cable, USB power supply, Safety information.
- USB bus-powered
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (up to 4-hour run-time). Charge via USB-C port.
- 240mm length x 210mm depth x 30mm height (40mm height including knob caps)