An intelligent surface-to-wireless mixing device that automatically senses the presence of up to three iPad devices
Designed for heat-of-the-moment navigation, the DC16 control surface has a clean, mix-friendly layout that gives formerly harried sound engineers uncluttered working space and confusion-free visual feedback, thanks to high-resolution TFT screens in the center of the unit. Each screen provides custom naming and colors for all functions, delivering at-a-glance feedback. A selection of instantly-recognizable icons are available for each channel ID screen. You can even snap a photo on your iPad for a customized view that makes board-tape scribble strips obsolete. With double the screen space of competitive models, the DC16 is designed to exceed the leading legibility index (yes, that really is a thing).
Mackie DC16 Control Surface key features:
- 17 full channel strips with Alps 100mm motorized touch-sensitive
- DC16 – Innovative, workflow-driven control surface
- Intelligent surface-to-wireless mixing via SmartBridge
- Dedicated selected channel section with controls for fast access to important parameters
- Innovative mix selector and view groups deliver navigation without preset banks
- Ergonomic layout with generous working space for easy access to all controls
- Unmatched Visual Feedback
• Large, full-color backlit channel ID screens with class-leading readability
- Flexible channel labeling including name, color, and icon
- 6-segment LED channel meters and 3-segement gain reduction meters per channel
- Dedicated show display with snapshot control
- Automatically senses presence of up to three iPad devices and changes Master Fader operation accordingly
- Central iPad follows dedicated hardware controls for selected channel
- Unique history and fixed display iPad modes provide flexible workflow options
- Control up to four channels simultaneously from control surface and iPad devices
- Grab any iPad and go for instant wireless mixing from anywhere in the venue
- Wired recording and playback to central iPad
- Built-in charging for all three iPad devices
• Dedicated Wi-Fi router connection point
- Tough Professional Hardware
• All-steel chassis with aluminum front and back extrusions
• Low-profile, compact design fits seamlessly into any workspace
- Additional I/O For Your AXIS System
• 4×4 Dante via dual locking etherCON
- XLR talkback input
• 1/8″ stereo input
• Control room/phones outputs
With the DC16, you are quite literally in touch with every aspect of your mix, not only with its ergonomically advanced control surface, but also with integral support for up to three iPad devices. You get more high-resolution visual workspace and simultaneous control of up to three channels, and you can customize the view on each iPad to create the mixing surface that’s right for your application. Plus, you can plug them in for charging and dedicated wired control as a failsafe for venues with Wi-Fi dropouts.
Mackie SmartBridge delivers a unique and totally seamless grab-and-go functionality that automatically switches an iPad to its optimal mode for wireless mixing, so you can leave the mix position and make adjustments based on what you hear around the room. When you place the iPad back into the SmartBridge, it remembers your customized view, instantly returning to where you left off. It also features a unique history and fixed-display iPad mode for customization. In history mode, each iPad shows the details of the last channel you selected, enabling you to view three recent channels at once. With fixed mode, you can customize what each iPad shows, whether it’s meters or the lead vocal channel—the choice is yours.
Whether you’re looking for a complete solution for tour sound, fixed installation, or any type of production studio, configure a Mackie AXIS Digital Mixing System with the guidance of Westlake Pro’s award-winning integrators. Call or chat with your Westlake Pro sales consultant today.