The stereo LavryBlack AD10 ADC is Ideal for a wide range of recording and broadcast applications. This unit builds on Lavry’s reputation for extreme transparency with a number of innovative new features for the highest-quality sound, flexibility, and ease of use.
LavryBlack AD10 sees the introduction of Lavry Engineering’s unique Digital Alias-Free Emulation modes. With this exclusive system, in addition to the default transparent mode -“Clear Mode”, users can select the input characteristic of Tube, Transformer, or both (Complex). The AD10 marks the first time that a Lavry Engineering unit has offered this type of option. With AD10, very high accuracy and transparency remain the starting point. However, the engineer can also add coloration to the incoming signal if he or she chooses.
Anyone who is serious about archiving their Vinyl collection understands it is a time-consuming process and that only an exceptional ADC will yield results that make it worthwhile. The ability to accept -10 consumer-level inputs common to most HiFi preamplifiers and phono preamplifiers and easily adjust the gain for level variations between disks makes the AD10 an excellent choice for this application.
- Internal Crystal 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96 kHz sampling rates
- Ultra-stable internal and external clocking
- External Word Clock or AES sync for 32-100kHz operation
- 24 bit AES/SPDIF and optical outputs
- XLR professional level analog inputs (+4dBu)
- ¼” instrument line-level analog inputs (-10dBV)
- Accepts balanced or unbalanced analog signals
- 14 segment digital meters w/Peak Hold
- Meter displayed gain setting from 0 to 13 dB (1dB steps)
- THD+N at Maximum Gain – less than .001% FS (Test conditions: 20Hz – 20KHz, -3dBFS sine wave, 22-22KHz BW, 24 Bit, Clock=internal, Color=Clean, Bits=24)
- Dynamic Range: – better then 117dB (non-weighted), better then 120dB (A-Weighted)
- Maximum Input level to achieve “0dB Full Scale” digital level (Analog levels + 0.25 dB):
- XLR Balanced input:
- With gain set to 0 dB +24dBu
- With gain set to 13 dB +11dBu
- XLR Unbalanced input:
- With gain set to 6 dB +18dBu
- With gain set to 13 dB +11dBu
- ¼” input Balanced or Unbalanced:
- With gain set to 0 dB +11dBu (+8.8dBV)
- With gain set to 13 dB – 2dBu ( -4.2dBV)
- XLR input (Combo Jack):
- Balanced analog: Pin 2 non-inverting, Pin 3 Inverting. Pin 1 shield
- Unbalanced analog: Pin 2 non-inverting, Pin 3 signal return, Pin 1 shield
- ¼” input (Combo Jack):
- Balanced analog TRS: Tip non-inverting, Ring inverting, Sleeve shield
- Unbalanced analog TS: Tip non-inverting, Sleeve signal return and shield
- XLR output:
- Connect to AES inputs using standard 110 ohm XLR to XLR cables
- Connect to coaxial SPDIF inputs using supplied XLR to RCA adapter and user-supplied 75 Ohm RCA to RCA “SPDIF” cable or user-supplied adapter cable.
- Optical output:
- connects to SPDIF optical inputs using standard Toslink interconnect.
- Sync Input BNC:
- User-configurable termination for either 75 or 110 ohm
- Voltage 90-264 VAC, Frequency 47-63Hz, Current 0.1A
- Please Note: The AD10 automatically adjusts to AC power inputs in the range of 90 to 264 Volts AC and line frequencies between 47 and 63 Hertz. There are no settings to change.
- Dimensions: 8”w x 1.75”h x 10.75” d (including front panel switches and rear panel connectors)
- Weight: Less than 5lbs, 6 lbs shipping weight
- An optional Rack Mount Kit is available which can be used to mount any combination* of two LavryBlack units in a 1U 19” rack space. Please note that this kit cannot be used to rack mount a single LavryBlack unit.