The 4496-17 is the 2-Channel ADC, 6-Channel DAC configuration of the LavryBlue System.
The LavryBlue System is a modular design which allows the end user to populate the 1U 19″ chassis with stereo modules that provide a variety of functions. Each unit may hold up to 4 channels of microphone preamplification, up to 8 channels of analog to digital conversion (ADC) or 8 channels of digital to analog conversion (DAC); or a combination of these functions. Each module has two channels and fills either 1 or 2 of the 4 available module slots in the chassis. Basic systems can be ordered with a minimum of one stereo module, allowing user installation of additional modules at a later date.
MODULES AVAILABLE FOR THE 4496 CHASSIS:
- LavryBlue M-AD 824: a 2-channel ADC module requiring 1 module slot.
- LavryBlue M-DA 824: a 2-channel DAC module requiring 1 module slot.
- LavryBlue MicPre Module: a 2-channel microphone preamplification module requiring 2 module slots.
In addition to these modules, any chassis which includes any ADC channels will also include a LavryBlue M-Sync.
This multichannel clock synchronization module features ultra-stable crystal-referenced internal or external sync operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz. Wide lock mode is available for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation.
One M∙SYNC is required to provide clocking and synchronization for all M∙AD824 AD converter modules contained in the same 4496 chassis; This module also provides Word Clock out to synch other units and allow multiple racks of LavryBlue to function as one system.
ADVANTAGES OF THE MODULAR DESIGN:
- Ideal for multi-channel systems.
- Independent operation of the AD and DA converter clocking. Each M∙DA824 stereo DA converter module clocks from the incoming digital audio steam. This allows recording and playback at different sample rates with devices that are not synchronized; for example- record to a DAW at 96kHz while playing back a CD from a stand-alone CD player. Multiple M∙DA’s can also operate either independently for playback of unsynchronized sources at different sample rates, or sample-accurately in multi-channel systems.
- Minimal systems can contain one AD, one DA, or one of each for stereo applications. Another popular configuration is one AD and two DA modules for “looping” a signal out of a DAW and monitoring the re-encoded signal; as in Mastering systems with analog and digital processing.
- Microphone preamplifiers can be used independently of the converters, or with analog processing inserted between the MicPre and AD input.
- Digital AES/XLR inputs and outputs are compatible with most SPDIF/RCA I/O using simple adapters or adapter cables.
- Field expandability allows the system to grow as your needs change or budget allows.
- Multichannel clock synchronization
- Ultra-stable crystal-referenced internal or external sync operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Wide lock mode is available for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation
- One M·SYNC provides clocking and synchronization for all M·AD824 AD converter modules contained in the same 4496 chassis
- Word Clock out to synch other units
ANALOG TO DIGITAL
- 2 channels of sonically transparent 24 bit Lavry A-to-D conversion
- Option to output digital audio 24 bit, 16 bit, or 16 bit plus dither and αcoustic βit Correction™ noise shaping.
- Accurate LED metering.
- Analog and Digital Saturation modes allow hotter recording levels.
DIGITAL TO ANALOG
- 6 channels of sonically transparent Lavry D-to-A conversion
- CrystalLock™ mode option eliminates the effects of source jitter on conversion accuracy.
LAVRYBLUE 4496 CHASSIS SPECIFICATIONS
- The 4496 Chassis is a standard 1U 19”rack unit.
- Input Voltage-
- “Universal” input accepts inputs of 90-264VAC, 47-63Hz, Internally fused 2.5A
- Current Consumption @120VAC-
- Steady-state: Typically less than 0.5A (Varies with configuration/number of modules).
- Steady-state Maximum: 1A
- 19” wide x 11.5”deep x 1.75” high (Enclosure minus clearance for switches and connectors measures 10.5” deep)
- Approximate Weight-
- ~ 9 lbs (Varies with configuration/number of modules).