Neutron 3 Advanced is a suite of innovative new mixing and analysis tools for clear and balanced mixes, including the new Mix Assistant, Sculptor plug-in, Visual Mixer, and 8 award-winning modules
Whether you’re just trying to find your feet balancing a mix with EQ and compression, or a seasoned pro looking for faster workflows to meet deadlines as track counts soar, think Neutron 3 Advanced. With innovative and intelligent mixing and analysis tools, Neutron 3 Advanced gives you virtually effortless means to achieve a clear mix with its mix assistant, visual mixer, masking meter, and tonal balance control. With Neutron 3 Advanced, iZotope gives you complete and total control of every facet of your music, from the visual sound stage of your tracks to the tonal balance of your mix—all with iZotope’s award-winning digital signal processing.
iZotope Neutron 3 Advanced in one take:
- Brand new Mix Assistant listens to your entire mix and suggests a balanced starting point
- Dial in the perfect mix with the Tonal Balance Control plug-in, which can access any instance of Neutron across all your tracks
- Tonal Balance Control communicates with Ozone 8 (sold separately) for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow with professional results
- Track Enhance analyses one track at a time to suggest an optimal signal chain
- Visual Mixer lets you see your entire sound stage, controlling individual tracks including pan, width, and gain
- Masking Meter visually identifies overlapping frequencies across tracks making mix mud
- Use Relay to add any track to the Visual Mixer, Masking Meter, and Tonal Balance Control plug-in (even tracks that don’t have additional iZotope plug-ins running)
- Includes 8 award-winning effects including Dynamic EQ with soft saturation, 2 Compressors, Gate, Transient Shaper, Exciter, Sculptor and True Peak Limiter
- Get focus and clarity across all your tracks with Sculptor’s spectral shaping, which automatically detects vocals, guitar, bass, piano, and drums
- Surround support up to 7.1 for all 8 modules
- Ships with 500+ professionally designed presets
- Now with redesigned user interface for improved workflow
- Neutron Advanced also ships with EQ, Compressor, Gate, Exciter, Sculptor, and Transient Shaper as individual plug-ins
A Question Of Balance
The new Tonal Balance Control gives you a way to “turn up your ears.” You can Instantly call up any Neutron Equalizer and adjust your tracks to targets based on hundreds of professional mixes. Also, for professionals, who now see a huge influx of budget work, the ability to work fast and achieve the results commensurate with your reputation is paramount. Enter again, the industry-first Tonal Balance Control plug-in. TBC not only provides visual analysis, it can communicate with all instances of Neutron across your tracks, enabling you to craft a perfectly balanced mix. You can even create your own custom targets from one or more songs in your personal library.
Lost In The Ozone Again
Not limited to communicating across Neutron instances, the Tonal Balance Control plug-in can also trip the light fantastic with Ozone 8 Equalizers (available separately). Tonal Balance Control’s inter-plug-in communication enables you to fix mix issues that can hinder mastering, without context switching or opening up multiple windows—resulting in tonally balanced, professional-sounding music.
In Your Eyes
Visual feedback is as important to mixing as audial feedback, and since we tend to rely more on our eyes to mix than perhaps we should, Neutron 3’s Visual Mixer turns liability into asset. The Visual mixer creates a picture of the entire soundstage, giving you control over individual tracks and enabling you to quickly and intuitively set the contour of your mix—all without leaving the window. Control pan, gain, and stereo width inside Neutron 3 and craft your mix sounds exactly how you intend.
Behind The Mask
Neutron’s Masking Meter, yet another first for iZotope provides a visual means for identifying overlapping frequencies that can mask instruments in the mix. These frequency overlaps, which, for example, cause guitars to mask lead vocals, pianos to mask guitars, or bass hiding drums, can cause a muddy, or overly crowded mix. To find out where the culprits are hiding, you can toggle seamlessly between any two of the usual suspect’s tracks. The Masking Meter shows you where the problems lie, so you can ensure that each instrument has room in the mix to shine.
Put Me In Your Mix
With all the myriad plug-ins available, its rare, if not impossible to find a producer or engineer who’ll use the same brand of plug-in on every track, as attractive is it may be. No worries. If you want to take full advantage of iZotope mix tools, the Relay plug-in lets you route any of your tracks to the Mix Assistant, Tonal Balance Control plug-in, Visual Mixer, or Masking Meter. Now you can rely on your personal bag of tricks and still get all the benefits of iZotope’s innovative new tools across your entire mix.
A Real Fine Place To Start
With so many options to choose from in a world where there are no rules (just guidelines, like The Pirate’s Code), life in DAW-land can become fairly immobilizing in terms of where to start. Neutron 3’s new Mix Assistant (another first from iZotope) lets you create a custom starting point based on your audio, so you can get out of housekeeping mode into creative mode.
We Are The Champions
Neutron 3 features some of the best audio processing tools iZotope has ever created, putting professional sounding mixes within the reach of anyone clever enough to put Neutron in their DAW. Neutron 3 Advanced includes eight industry-leading mixing processors, all zero-latency capable, including a Gate with hysteresis, a static/dynamic Equalizer with analog-inspired soft saturation, two multiband Compressors, a multiband Exciter, a Spectral Shaper, and a multiband Transient Shaper, as well as an ultra low-latency True Peak Limiter—all for your amusement and mixing needs.
No, those songs won’t mix themselves, but with Neutron 3 Advanced, it’ll feel like they are—while you get all the credit. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
iZotope Neutron 3 Advanced system requirements:
Mac: OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan),- macOS 10.14.4 (Mojave)
Windows: 7 (64-bit) – 10 (64-bit)
VST2, VST3, AudioUnit (Mac Only), AAX (Real-time & AudioSuite) All formats are 64-bit only.