The Fredenstein Bento 8 features a complete linear power supply consisting of the main transformer and linear regulators. This topology yields the cleanest power to your modules.
Usually, linear power supplies can’t deliver high output currents, but Bento 8 outputs +/-16V DC 2A and +48V DC 0.25A, 500mA per slot, that’s ample power for the most demanding 500 series modules!
Another drawback of linear supplies is that they are prone to introduce hum magnetically from the mains transformer directly into input and output transformer inside modules, especially when plugged into the slot closest to the supply. Bento 8 incorporates extensive magnetic shielding of the mains transformer to eliminate induced hum.
The Bento 8 is constructed of the highest grade components:
1.5mm (59 mil) Steel Chassis, Toroidal mains transformer with two built-in thermal fuses, all electrolytic capacitors are made by Nichicon and are rated for 105°C(221°F), etc.
- 8-slot 500 Series rack with clean power topology
- High power: outputs ±6V DC 2A and +48V DC 0.25A, 500mA per slot
- Extensive mains transformer shielding to eliminate induced hum
- Constructed of the highest grade components
- 1.5mm (59 mil) steel chassis
- Toroidal mains transformer with two built-in thermal fuses
- High-quality Eichicon electrolytic capacitors
- Modules can be daisy-chained by simply flipping switches on the back-panel
- Compressor modules can be linked by engaging switches on the rear panel
- Ground-lift switch