Focusrite RedNet HD32R Pro Tools Bridge
34-channel bridge between Pro Tools|HD-HDX and Dante networks with Ethernet and PSU redundancy
Focusrite’s RedNet HD32R is a 32×32-channel bridge between Pro Tools | HD-HDX and Dante audio-over-IP networks featuring Ethernet and power supply redundancy
Designed and built for bullet-proof reliability with redundant network connectors and power supplies, the RedNet HD32R lets Pro Tools | HD DAWs take advantage of Dante audio networks. Dante has the ability to pass through network routers and provide native gigabit support, as well as higher channel count, lower latency, and automatic configuration. Connecting to Pro Tools systems via standard Mini DigiLink ports, the HD32R acts as a 64-channel (32 in/32 out) digital breakout box, and operates like a standard interface. The HD32R supports a wide range of Pro Tools | HDX and HD cards. Up to six HD32R modules can be used with a Pro Tools | HDX system and three with Pro Tools | HD, each allowing the maximum channel count.
Focusrite RedNet HD32R in one take:
- 64-channel bridge between Pro Tools systems and Dante audio networks
- Allows Dante Ethernet-based audio networking products to operate fully with Pro Tools|HD & Pro Tools|HDX
- Ethernet and power supply redundancy with auto switch-over in case of failure
- Remote control via RedNet Control software
INSIDE THE BOX—Focusrite RedNet HD32R
The RedNet HD32R is a multi-channel, bi-directional Dante interface, which allows an Avid Pro Tools|HD system direct access to a Dante digital audio networking system. It handles sample rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz with pull up/pull down functionality (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24-bit resolution. Clock sources for the HD32R include Internal, Word Clock, Loop Sync (master or slave) or directly from the Dante Network Master.
Dante audio-over-IP networking
Dante is the audio networking system of choice for Focusrite products including the RedNet range of modules. Developed by Audinate, a Sydney Australia-based company, Dante is a hardware/software network protocol that delivers uncompressed, multi-channel, near-zero latency digital audio over standard Ethernet networks. Dante has the ability to pass through network routers and provide native gigabit support. Dante provides easy implementation and a cost-saving advantage for studios taking over existing infrastructure with multiple rooms. With Dante, audio can be sent anywhere over existing IT wiring. If changes are required, a single network or fiber-optic cable can carry multiple channels, making it possible to make infrastructure changes relatively quickly and inexpensively, without the need for major construction.
Dante lets you run additional channels over a greater distance, adding only 150μs of latency to the system, without wasting money on technology or connectivity that will not be used. To minimize time spent on system configuration, Dante makes networking a true plug-and-play process, allowing automatic device discovery and system configuration. Look for future enhancements of the RedNet series offering complete plug and play Ethernet expansion functionality.
Built-in power supply and Ethernet redundancy
The RedNet HD32R’s network and PSU redundancy gives live sound and broadcast engineers that much needed extra piece of mind in critical live sound environments. After all, who doesn’t appreciate one less are where things can go wrong, especially in circumstance where there are no do-overs. Dual rear-panel Ethernet connectors provide absolute network reliability with seamless switch-over to a standby network in case of the unexpected. In a studio setting, these ports can be used to daisy-chain additional units when operating in Switched mode. Redundant universal power supplies(100V-240V) also provide seamless switching capability. In the event of a power outage, one supply can be connected to an uninterruptible source. Each PSU’s status can be monitored remotely over the network or from the front panel.
RedNet Control software
Running on Mac or Windows computers, RedNet Control features a tabbed browser-like graphic user interface and the ability to handle up to 600 RedNet devices. Available units in the system can be dragged and dropped from a searchable Device List into a grid on a tab, where they are shown graphically. Each tab can display up to 12 devices, with up to 50 defined tabs. Tabs can also be populated automatically. Devices can be grouped logically and intuitively on each page. For example, a multi-location system can include a tab representing each area of a facility. The ability to “model” rooms makes RedNet even more efficient for use in large post-productions facilities.
Focusrite RedNet HD32R key features:
- Allows Dante Ethernet-based audio networking products to operate fully with Pro
- Tools|HD & Pro Tools|HDX
- Ethernet and power supply redundancy with locking connectors and auto switchover in case of failure
- Provides the vital link to create an extensive high-quality audio network based on standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 wiring, bringing the latest advances in digital audio networking to Pro Tools | HD
- Cost-effectively increase audio I/O quality and flexibility with RedNet interfaces
Permits multiple workstations to access the same interface hardware and I/O
- No changes to Pro Tools workflow required – simple, logical assignment of RedNet I/O to Pro Tools|HD inputs and outputs
- Up to 32 I/O with Pro Tools|HD over single DigiLink connection per RedNet HD32R
- Additional Avid/Digidesign interfaces may be connected to expansion ports
- Upgrade to RedNet interfaces while remaining fully compatible with TDM- or AAX-DSP-based plugins and saved sessions
OUTSIDE THE BOX—Focusrite RedNet HD32R
The HD32R features RedNet’s familiar red anodized aluminum face on a rugged, roadworthy chassis, with high internal build quality in a compact, lightweight, 1U rack-mount form. The front panel display includes PSU indicators, RedNet network status indicators, sample-rate indicators, to-and-from DAW LED indicators, and clock source. The rear-panel I/O has dual IEC power receptacles with retainer clips, dual locking etherCON network connectors, BNC Word Clock in and out, Loop Sync I/O BNC connectors, and two DigiLink connectors, one of which can be used to expand the system with a second Pro Tools interface.
Experience all the advantages Dante audio networking has to offer Pro Tools HD. For more information, call or chat with your Westlake Pro sales consultant/system integrator today.
Focusrite RedNet specifications:
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24 bit
- Clock Sources: Internal, Word Clock, Loop Sync (master or slave) or from Dante Network Master
- External Word Clock Range: Nominal sample rate ±7.5%
- Height: 44.5mm / 1-3/4″
- Width: 482.6mm / 19″
- Depth: 263mm / 10-1/8″
- Weight: 3.9kg / 8.6 lb.
- Power: 2 x Internal, 100-240V, 50/60Hz, consumption 30VA
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Dimensions||11 x 19 x 2 in|
|Attribute: Manufacturer Part Number||
Rednet / Pro Tools HD
|Pro Tools HD||