Focusrite RedNet D16R
16-channel AES3 I/O for Dante audio-over-IP networks with PSU and Ethernet redundancy
16-channel AES3 I/O for Dante audio-over-IP networks with dual redundant network ports and power supplies for fail-safe operation in live events, and sample-rate conversion on each input
Focusrite RedNet D16R AES is the perfect solution to send and return outboard effects, bridge between consoles, power amps, or any AES-equipped gear. Featuring 16 channels of AES/EBU connectivity to and from Dante audio networks, RedNet D16R has SRC (Sample-rate Conversion) on each input pair, allowing plug-and-play operation with any AES3 source. Along with Pull Up and Pull Down operation, RedNet D16R includes Word Clock I/O and DARS (Digital Audio Reference Signal) for synchronization with a wide variety of external sources and hardware. Focusrite has also thoughtfully included S/PDIF I/O in the D16R to allow the integration of playback devices, such as CD players or solid-state recorders/players. Rugged and roadworthy, the Focusrite RedNet D16R features Ethernet and power supply redundancy for maximum reliability in critical live settings and broadcast.
Focusrite RedNet D16R in one take:
- 16 Channel bi-directional RedNet AES3 Interface for Dante Networks
- Power supply and Ethernet redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure
- Sample-rate conversion on the fly, pull up/down operation, Word and DARS clocking
- RedNet Control and Dante control software
INSIDE THE BOX—Focusrite RedNet D16R
The Focusrite RedNet D16R provides 16 channels of AES/EBU I/O over Dante network, via two standard 8-channel DB-25 connectors. Additionally, channels 1 and 2 are also available on a pair of XLR connectors, which are software selectable and can be used as an alternative source.
Power supply and Ethernet redundancy
The RedNet D16R network and PSU redundancy gives live sound and broadcast engineers that much needed extra piece of mind in critical live-sound and broadcast environments. After all, who doesn’t appreciate one less are where things can go wrong, especially in circumstance where there are no do-overs. Dual rear-panel Ethernet connectors provide absolute network reliability with seamless switch-over to a standby network in case of the unexpected. In a studio setting, these ports can be used to daisy-chain additional units when operating in Switched mode. Redundant universal power supplies(100V-240V) also provide seamless switching capability. In the event of a power outage, one supply can be connected to an uninterruptible source. Each PSU’s status can be monitored remotely over the network or from the front panel.
Sample-rate conversion (SRC), Word Clock, and DARS sync
SRC—The D16R’s sample-rate conversion allows external equipment to run at any sample rate, allowing plug-and-play operation with any AES3 source. SRC can be switched in or out separately for each input channel pair. (For sources that are not using current system clock as a reference signal, SRC should be switched in.)
Pull Up/Down—RedNet D16R is able to operate at a specified pull-up or pull-down percentage, which is selectable in the Dante Controller application. The D16R can accommodate sample rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz with -4%/-0.1% pull down, and +0.1%/+4.167% pull up at 24 bits.
Word/DARS clocking‑The RedNet D16R will automatically lock to a valid network master via its Dante connection, or can be chosen as the network master. Word Clock in allows sync between the Dante network and house word clock, while the dedicated XLR input may also be used as a clock source when fed with either AES/EBU or DARS (Digital Audio Reference Signal), which is a digital black signal that can be used on equipment where multiple Word Clock outputs are not available or practical.
RedNet Control and Dante control software
RedNet Control and Dante control software provide routing and control from your computer audio system via a software control panel, which eliminates the need for hardware patching. RedNet Control displays the status of the RedNet D16R and any other RedNet units the system, with an image representing each hardware unit. Each input and output channel has a virtual signal indicator with five states represented. Other functions, such as clock source and output, sample rate converters, and RCA output source can all be selected from the control software.
Focusrite RedNet D16R key features:
- 16 Channel bi-directional RedNet AES3 Interface for Dante Networks
- Power supply and Ethernet redundancy with auto switch-over in case of failure, and locking etherCON network connectors.
- Sample-rate conversion allows external equipment to run at any sample rate
- Compact 1U chassis allows maximum functionality in minimum rack space
- Two 8-channel AES59 combined I/O DB-25 connections, plus a pair of XLR3 connectors duplicating channels 1 and 2
- Rear panel XLR input connector either be used as a DARS input or as a traditional AES3 audio input
- S/PDIF input and outputs provided on RCA connectors; ideal for connecting CD players or solid-state recorders
- Word Clock I/O on BNC connectors allows synchronization of the Dante network to house clock, or syncing external equipment to the Dante network
- RedNet Control and Dante control software allow routing and control from your audio computer system via a software control panel—no hardware patching required
OUTSIDE THE BOX—Focusrite RedNet D16R
The RedNet D16R front-panel display has a set of LEDs to confirm network status, sample rate, clock sources, and signal presence on both input and output. The rear panel has dual locking network ports, and dual IEC power connectors with retaining clips. I/O includes 2 x DB-25 connectors (AES59 Combined I/O / Tascam Digital), male and female XLR (AES), 2 x RCA S/PDIF in and out, 2 x BNC Word Clock in and out.
Focusrite RedNet D16R AES is the professional’s way to send and return effects, bridge between consoles, power amps, or any AES-equipped gear. For more information, call or chat with your Westlake Pro sales consultant today.
Focusrite RedNet D16R specifications:
- Sample Rate Range: 32 to 216kHz
- Gain Error: -0.3dB
- Dynamic Range: > 138dB (-60dBFS method)
- THD + N: < -130dB (0.00003%); 0dBFS input
- Latency: 11 to 45 samples (network and input sample rate dependent).
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24 bit
- Clock Sources: Internal, Word Clock, DARS, AES input 1-2, AES input 9-10 or from Dante Network Master.
- External Word Clock Range: Nominal sample rate ±7.5%
- Height: 44.5mm/ 1-3/4″
- Width: 482.6mm/ 19″
- Depth: 263mm/ 10-5/16″
- Weight: 3.84kg / 8.5 lb.
- Power: 2 x Internal, 100-240V, 50/60Hz, consumption 30VA
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Dimensions||11 x 19 x 2 in|
|Attribute: Manufacturer Part Number||
AES3 / Rednet
|Pro Tools HD||