The Earthworks SR30 Cardioid Instrument Microphone is a precision condenser mic designed to capture instruments in true-to-life sound
The Earthworks SR30 has been described in a number of ways (our favorite being “an alien surgical probe), but the sound of the SR30 is not a joking matter, if it’s “being in the room” realism you’re looking for. Don’t let the small diaphragm fool you, it’s the reason why the SR30 delivers a transparent, true to life sound no matter the source. It’s highly compliant diaphragm has a short reset time so that its able to capture fast transients without the quiet attacks being masked by louder ones, which enables the SR30 to capture all the subtle nuances and softest dynamics. The SR30 also exhibits a near-perfect cardioid polar pattern, consistent across all frequencies, which not only makes mic placement easy, but also ensures more gain before feedback in live settings. And with an SPL rating of 139dB, the SR30 delivers exceptional reproduction, handling the loudest sound sources without distortion.
Earthworks SR30 Cardioid Instrument Mic in one take:
- Extended flat frequency response from 150Hz to 30kHz
- Multi-purpose directional microphone
- Handles up to 139dB SPL without distortion
- More gain before feedback than other microphones
- Less leakage
- Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
- Excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Transparent sound quality
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
Extended frequency response to 30kHz
The Earthworks SR30 is a pre-polarized condenser microphone with a first-order cardioid pickup pattern directly coupled to a dedicated wideband, low-output impedance transformerless preamplifier. It features a flat frequency response from 30Hz to 30kHz, fast impulse response, very low handling noise, uniform polar pattern, and high SPL handling capabilities. The SR30 provides excellent uncolored rejection of sounds arriving off-axis. Sonic timbre and frequency response stay uniform across the entire front of the microphone capsule, helping capture the true character of your instrument.
SR30 Instrument Microphone Applications
The SR30’s ability to capture instruments in true-to-life sound makes it a great choice for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums. With 32dB of off-axis rejection, the SR30 is ideally suited for capturing audio in highly ambient environments and near monitor speakers.
Earthworks SR30 applications in one take:
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Bass Amp
- Guitar Amp
- Live Vocals
- Studio Vocals
The SR30 is a superior choice for choir because it doesn’t spotlight. Rather, it picks up an entire section with no hot spots. The SR30 is popular for recording orchestral concerts and jazz ensembles, due to its open, uncolored sound, and its ability to capture explosive performances while retaining the subtle nuances of artistic expression.
Whether you’re tracking in the studio or live onstage, the Earthworks SR30 is for those who prefer to capture instruments in their truest state. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant.
Earthworks SR30 specifications:
- Frequency Response:20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Sensitivity:20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements:24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input:139dB SPL
- Output:XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance:65-ohm balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load:600 ohm between pins 2 & 3
- Noise:16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D:8-13/32″ x 7/8″ (212 x 22 mm)
- Weight:.5 lb. (225g)