The Earthworks IMB30 Series High-definition Boundary Microphone designed for permanent installation in ceilings and tabletops for conferencing and other speech applications
When implementing a sound system for conferencing, teleconferencing, boardrooms, or government facilities etc., aesthetics plays a large part, but more importantly the audio system should be invisible and flawless in its reproduction and reliability. Since any top-notch sound system begins with microphones, the Earthworks IMB30 is a great place to start. The proprietary technologies found in the Earthworks IMB30 take intelligibility to a high level, with their True Semisphere™ omni polar pickup response that has the same high intelligibility at virtually any point around a conference table or other surface. Complementing that is flat, 60Hz to 30kHz frequency response optimized for voice, and of course, Earthworks’ trademark ultra-fast impulse response and diaphragm settling time. Not prone to the same problems as other boundary mics, the IMB30 also features a unique filter that significantly reduces the low-frequency thumping of shoes against table legs and HVAC noise. The IMB30 also delivers an impressive reduction of unwanted sounds from paper, pens, and computer keypads. And, since no executive worth their MBA can live without a Smartphone, the CTB30 is completely immune to RF interference from mobile phones and other RF sources.
IMB30 Boundary Installation Microphone in one take:
- Only 1-7/16″ (3.6cm) in diameter
- True Semisphere polar pattern (near-perfect frequency response at 0o, 45o & 90o)
- Can be Installed in Conference Tables (includes lock nut)
- RF Shielding against cell phones and other RF devices
- Unique filter significantly reduces low-frequency thumping and HVAC noise
- 136dB Max Acoustic Input
- Very high intelligibility
- 60Hz to 30kHz flat frequency response
- More gain before feedback
- Requires 24-48V Phantom Power
- Available in black or white
- Primary applications include teleconferencing, distance learning, surveillance, boardrooms, government facilities, and ambient room miking
The IMB30 reproduces a speaker’s voice with incredible clarity and intelligibility due to the near-perfect polar pattern across all frequencies. This wider coverage also means that fewer Earthworks microphones are required to properly cover a conference room, cutting down on the number of channels of DSP, cables and other ancillary equipment required for the system. Compatible with all DSP systems that provide 24-48V phantom power, the IMB microphones can easily integrate into existing system designs or new installations.
Unique noise-reduction filter
Incorporating a unique filter that significantly reduces low frequency table thumping, HVAC noise and paper shuffling, the IMB microphones do not exhibit the problems common with conventional boundary microphones.
Designed with aesthetics in mind, the IMB microphones provide a discrete miking solution thanks to their diminutive size. The IMB30 microphone flange measures just over 1-13/32″ (36.5mm) wide and 1/8″ (3.2mm) tall.
IMBL30 model features a dual-color LumiComm light ring and touch sensor output that allows integrators to program the microphone’s function and LED color, such as assigning a red LED color for the microphone being muted. The IMBL30 LumiComm flange measures just under 1-19/32″ inches (40.5mm) wide and 11/32″ (8.8mm) tall, mounting flush into the tabletop or ceiling for a low profile appearance. IMB series microphones are available with or without the LumiComm Touch Ring. Black, white and silver finishes are available.
The Earthworks IMB30 delivers the highest level of speech intelligibility and articulation, which means less straining to understand the words and time better spent understanding the message. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today
Earthworks IMB30 specifications:
- Frequency Response: 60Hz to 30kHz ±2dB at 45 degrees incidence to the surface
- Integrated Low Cut Filter Attenuation: -15dB at 60Hz
- Polar Pattern: True Semisphere
- Sensitivity: 60mV/Pa
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 136dB SPL
- Output: XLR-3 (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65 ohm balanced
- Min Output Load: 1K between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 19.5dBA (Typical)
- Microphone Color: Black, White or Silver
- Weight: 0.28 lb. (125g)