The Earthworks IM6 is a 30kHz condenser mic with a 6″ flexible gooseneck for fixed installations where speech intelligibility is crucial. It’s purpose built for mounting in ceilings and tabletops
Featuring the stellar sound quality that Earthworks is noted for, the IM6 is an excellent choice for conferencing or other applications where precise aiming of the mic is desired. It has a flat frequency response out to 30kHz and incredibly fast transient response and diaphragm reset time for supreme intelligibility. This means that conference attendees, students, or audience can focus on the meaning of the words, rather than struggling to decipher what is being said. The IM6 also features the patented, near-perfect polar pattern and excellent rear-rejection found in all Earthworks mics, which captures speech at the front and sides of the mic, while rejecting those speaking at the rear of the mic. The result is clarity and intelligibility without unwanted bleed.
Earthworks IM6 gooseneck microphone in one take:
- 30kHz flat frequency response
- No spotlighting
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Near perfect polar pattern
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning
- Black, white or silver finish on exposed sections
- Available with 3, 6, 10 or 12 inch gooseneck
- Primary applications include teleconferencing, distance learning, surveillance, boardrooms, government facilities, and ambient room miking
Whether speaking directly on-axis or to the sides of the microphone, the IM6 microphone always reproduces the speaker’s voice with incredible clarity and intelligibility. This wider coverage also means that fewer Earthworks microphones are required to properly cover a conference room, cutting down on the number of channels of DSP, cables and other ancillary equipment required for the system. Compatible with all DSP systems that provide 24-48V phantom power, the IM microphones can easily integrate into existing system designs or new installations.
Designed with aesthetics in mind, the IM6 features a slim 3/8″ (9.5mm) gooseneck that allows precise positioning of the microphone for optimal coverage. The microphone flange measures just over 13/32″ (36.5mm) wide and 1/8″ (3.2mm) tall, mounting flush into the tabletop or ceiling.
IM series options
The IM series microphones are available with a 3, 6, 10 or 12 inch flexible gooseneck. Black, white and silver finishes are available.
The Earthworks IM6 is a superb choice for permanent installations thanks to its superior intelligibility and unobtrusive form. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant today.
Earthworks IM6 specifications:
- Frequency Response:20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Sensitivity:20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements:24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input:139dB SPL
- Output:XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance:65 ohm balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load:600 ohm between pins 2 & 3
- Noise:16dB SPL equivalent (A-weighted)