Meet the Drawmer 1970 Dual FET Compressor and Preamp
With a heritage inspired by the first pro audio “tool box” compressor, the illustrious Drawmer 1960, but with a greatly expanded feature set, the 1970 Dual F.E.T. Compressor and Pre-Amplifier is one of the most adaptable mic preamplifier/compressors on the market today, bringing vintage audio characteristics at an affordable price.
Whilst the feature set of the 1970 is similar to the Drawmer 1960, and the layout of the controls will add to the comparisons, the 1970 has been greatly improved and the EQ has been fine tuned to be more accurate than its stable-mate, with various improvements
The 1970 use the latest THAT Corporation technology in the 2 mic preamps to provide ultra clean, transparent and precise recordings that can be processed at a later stage using your favourite warming method, be it saturation, valve, transformer or tape. In addition each channel is capable of 66dB of gain, with switchable mic impedance for accurate mic matching to bring out the best from any microphone used. Phase reverse is also included.
From tracking instruments via the dedicated D.I. input, to recording vocals via the ultra clean mic pre’s, recording a guitar cabinet with two microphones, or a singer playing guitar, or even stereo buss compression using the comprehensive linking and mix facilities, the 1970 is the perfect versatile tool for any studio or live event.
Drawmer 1970 in one take
- Two THAT Corporation ultra clean mic pre’s with 66dB of gain with phantom power and switchable mic impedance for accurate mic matching
- Separate Line & Mic input XLR’s
- 1 pro quality instrument DI input with low and high EQ.
- Can be used as 2 mono tracking compressors or 1 stereo buss compressor (avoiding image shifting) via the class leading comprehensive linking facilities.
- FETs can be bypassed altogether to provide ultra clean outputs.
- Standard controls such as Threshold, Ratio, Attack & Release, with 8 LED GR Metering on each band.
- Rear panel Side-chain insert points provide even further control.
- ‘Big’ and ‘Air’ Modes Help to preserve the very deep lows and Enhance the sparkling highs.
- Variable Wet/Dry Mix plus Output Gain knobs on both channels give a ‘Parallel Compression’ function without the need for external mixing devices, providing complete and effortless control over the amount of compression used and output levels.
- Two backlit Analogue V.U. Meters with Switchable +10dB Rescale Mode. Time delay relays on outputs for clean power up/down.
- Internal Low Hum Toroidal Linear Power Supply with Voltage Selector Switch.
- Classic Drawmer build quality with rugged steel chassis and aluminium front panel.
- Designed and Handmade by Drawmer in the UK.
There are no reviews yet.