D16 PunchBox | The Dancefloor’s New Best Friend
PunchBOX is a virtual instrument designed for creating high-quality kick drum sounds. An equally vast and exquisite factory content delivered by industry-standard sound designers Sounds of Revolution and CFA-Sound gets you started in no time.
D16 PunchBox in one take
- Flexible hybrid kick drum generator with synth and sample engines
- 5 high-quality FX algorithms with flexible drag-drop ordering
- 800 presets and 1,100 in-built samples
- Import your own samples and export your kicks as a standalone WAV file
Synthesis & sampling shaking hands in one plugin
PunchBOX easily brings together the best of the two worlds. The expressiveness of synthesized sounds next to the richness and complexity of samples end up delivering top-notch, dancefloor-crushing kick sound.
Each of the onboard samples is a little diamond in itself, crafted with professional experience, precious pieces of studio equipment, top-shelf instruments, and vintage analog gear. The kick sound synthesizers, originating from highly acclaimed D16 emulations of classic Roland drum machines, were taken to the next level and customized to perfectly fit the purpose of PunchBOX.
The very heart of PunchBOX is comprised of four sound generators, each of them standing for a key component of the final majestic kick sound. Factory settings were created to allow influencing the sound in a unique, intuitive, and inspiring way.
Vast quality factory content
The best sound designers out there prepared an arsenal of 1100 samples and 800 presets suitable for pretty much all contemporary subgenres of electronic music. It’s never been easier to keep up or even exceed the most recent trends in music production and sound quality standard. Organized using the renowned D16 tagging system makes browsing for the right (base) sound easy, efficient, and smooth.
An effect rack that gets your kicks
Fulfilling your every need when it comes to taking a kick sound to the next level drove the PunchBOX dev team to create an effect rack with (almost) unlimited power. Switching effect order by simple drag-drop? Varying effect amounts with a simple click? Feeding an effect with only a small proportion of sound generator X? It’s all in there!
Intuitive & inspiring workflow
The PunchBOX dev team worked hard to offer you an interface that understands your needs – and not the usual other way around. You’ll immediately feel like working with Lego and see how simple it is to just activate/deactivate/level the building blocks of a kick sound – and all of that only a mouse
click, wheel turn, or drag-drop away. Not feeling creative today? Not a problem, just browse through the perfectly tagged presets or use the random sound generator!
Explore Your New Kick-Building Tools
- Up to 4 generators, operating in parallel, activated/deactivated independently
- Click – Sample-based, produces Kick accent
- Tops – Sample-based, produces e.g. hi-hats, percussion, and noise
- Tools – Sample-based, produces almost full Kicks without sub
- Kick – Sample-based or Synth-based, produces the Kick’s body. 4 synthesis engines for Synth Mode to select from:
- 909 Kick model
- 808 Kick model
- 606 Kick model
- Sine wave based Kick model
- Audio-to-effect send per generator
- Optional MIDI velocity sensitivity and pitch tracking
- Built-in effect rack
- 5 high-quality algorithms operating in series, may be independently turned on/off and reordered by drag-drop
- Bit Crusher
- Controllable connection point in the effect chain for the generators’ direct output (Mixdown after)