Get up to 5x more DSP power per Pro Tools | HDX card than Pro Tools Ultimate, un-clippable floating-point processing, and higher track counts
When going native gets tough, the pros go HDX—Pro Tools | HDX, that is. While native systems get more powerful in every new release, software developers take advantage of the added processing power, which results in more code-heavy plug-ins. The net effect is a form of stasis in terms of your ability to handle ever-increasing track and plug-in counts. To get out in front of the race for computer space, Avid engineers give you Pro Tools | HDX, with five times the power of Pro Tools | Ultimate. Plus, with Avid’s Pro Tools | HDX PCIe card, you get more tracks, more headroom, and superior audio quality. Each HDX PCIe card can handle 256 voices—that’s 4x more than Ultimate Accel—way more than what your computer can handle, freeing you from system failures when you add one plug-in too many. With Avid’s Pro Tools | HDX, you can go where the muse takes you and create freely.
Avid Pro Tools | HDX PCIe Card in one take:
- Modular design lets you customize an HDX system
- Go big—double your I/O with 64 channels (up to 192 total)
- Floating-point processing at up to 32-bit/192kHz resolution for supreme sound quality
- Easy system integration
Customize an HDX system
Completely modular, Pro Tools | HDX enables you to create the perfect system for the way you work—no compromising or clumsy workarounds. With Pro Tools | HDX, you can incorporate a variety of analog and digital interfaces for your studio connections. Mac and PC compatible, you can mix on your big system or go mobile with just a laptop. HDX has all the power you need to bring console feel and functionality to your mixing chores by adding a control surface such as the large-format Avid S6, or small format Avid S3. Integrate into broadcast, post-production, and live sound environments with MADI, the professional way to return sound into your system. Sync your entire studio with included Satellite technology.
Go big or go home
Whether you’re on the scoring stage recording an orchestra, or mixing a noisy feature film with thousands of audio clips and effects, Pro Tools | HDX will double your I/O with up to 64 channels—up to 192 I/O channels with three cards. Pro Tools | HDX delivers 4x more automatic delay compensation, which enables you to work with large plug-in-heavy mixes without the phase issues that come from inaccurate latency reporting—and, if you’re a Gustav Mahler kind of composer, you can create enormous sessions with up to 768 audio and 512 instrument tracks.
With floating-point processing at up to 32-bit/192kHz resolution, Pro Tools | HDX provides the highest fidelity and audio transparency with any Pro Tools | Ultimate-Series audio interface you choose. HDX gives you more headroom thanks to 64-bit floating-point processing. Keep clip lights at bay while preserving the level and response of your instrument tracks without obsessive gain staging. Simply add one or more premium Pro Tools | Ultimate series audio interfaces to your core system. Record analog and digital sources in pristine sound clarity with the fully customizable Ultimate I/O. Track, mix, and monitor up to 7.1 surround with the all-in-one Ultimate OMNI, or capture great-sounding vocal and instrument performances Pro Tools | PRE as your front end.
Pro Tools | HDX makes it easy to upgrade your DAW or even your entire studio. Simply connect the system into any MADI-enabled broadcast, post-production, or live sound environment through Ultimate MADI. With Pro Tools HDX, you can control multiple Pro Tools | Ultimate systems from a single transport with the included Satellite Link—and keep Pro Tools | HDX and all other digital devices connected to it in perfect sync with SYNC Ultimate.
Avid Pro Tools | HDX PCIe Card key features:
- 5 times the DSP processing power of Ultimate Accel cards
• Create bigger, more complex mixes with 4x more tracks than Ultimate Accel (256 per HDX card, combine three for up to 768 voices)
• Plug-in-heavy mixes are handled easily with 4x more Automatic Delay Compensation
• Create huge sessions with up to 768 audio and 512 instrument tracks
• Increased headroom lets your mixes breath and eliminates clipping and obsessive gain staging
• Improve workflow and sonic parity between DSP-accelerated and native-based Pro Tools systems with the AAX plug-in platform
• Get a highly responsive feel—even in your most complex projects—with RAM-cached record/playback and real-time fades keep the channel routing in complex sessions in check easily with bus interrogation
• Work faster with pro-level tools, including Clip Gain, advanced audio editing and automation, surround sound, and more
• Share even more with Media Composer and other AAF-compatible software with support for multi-channel tracks, Clip Gain, and a 24-hour timeline
• Get better audio clarity and detail than ever before combining Pro Tools | HDX with any Pro Tools Ultimate Series audio interface
• Compose music and polish mixes with over 75 high-quality virtual instruments, effects, and sound processing plug-ins
• Get the sound of the renowned Avid System 5 console with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in
• Get more tracks and power by simply adding another Pro Tools | HDX card to your system
• Combine Pro Tools Ultimate Series interfaces to meet your needs, or use Pro Tools Ultimate software standalone for on-the-go mixing
• Collaborate with Media Composer editors through AAF sharing or Satellite technology options
Pro Tools|Ultimate software
Industry-standard Pro Tools|Ultimate software is included with your HDX system, giving everything you need to recording and mix dense music projects and high track-count projects for movies and television. Pro Tools|Ultimate software lets you record high-quality audio at up to 32-bit/192kHZ floating-point resolution, which is virtually un-clippable (you just have to watch your levels recording to mixdown machines). Avid Pro Tools|Ultimate lets you compose with virtual instruments, MIDI, and notation tools—and of course, nothing beats Pro Tools for precision editing and automation. Cut sound to picture,sprinkle fairy dust on tracks with over 100 pro-quality plug-ins,and deliver the best sounding mixes of your career in multiple formats.
What’s New In Pro Tools | Ultimate Software:
- 2GB Loop Library—give your projects the modern edge
- Soundbase easy browse, search, and auditioning
- Revision History for fail-safe experimentation
Give your projects the modern edge
These days it’s more important to sound modern than to sound good, but with Pro Tools Ultimate you can have both. Pro Tools Ultimate comes with a high-quality 2GB loop library from Loopmasters, featuring the latest loops created by the industry’s leading producers and sound designers. Whether you need a rhythm section, a cool riff, instrumental accompaniment, or just something to help you get started, you’ve got hundreds of mini musical works, waiting to be discovered. And it’s easy to find and audition loops with Soundbase.
Soundbase easy browse, search, and auditioning
Nothing is more daunting and immobilizing than the thought of scrolling through, and auditioning a huge sound library to find the right one for the job—especially if it’s a one-shot drum sample or sound effect. To help you get out of the “deer caught in headlights” pre-search quicksand, Pro Tools Ultimate’s Soundbase lets you browse, search, audition, explore, and experiment with loops, samples, and sound effects from nearly any sound library. The Workspace pane provides customizable tag filtering, so you can find what you need quickly by instrument, genre, tempo, key, time signature, and your own tags, then hear how content sounds in sync with your tracks.
Experiment and share new ideas
Here’s a familiar scenario: You’re experimenting with various guitar or keyboard parts that you record to hear in context and find yourself with more tracks than you know what to do with, cluttering your project window; or realize that you’ve layered so many parts that you lost the cool groove that you had several ideas ago? Revision History lets you experiment all you like and easily get back to a previous version of the project when you feel you lost perspective. With Project Revisions, you can explore new versions of a song or soundtrack, make notes, share ideas with others, and quickly jump back to any previous state from anywhere—without having to worry about breaking anything. Pro Tools Revision History keeps all version history, audio files, notes, and other data organized for you.
Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate 12 key features:
- Record, edit, and mix projects with other music creators anywhere via Cloud Collaboration
- Freeze tracks, render in place, and bounce stems
- Easy track alignment with clip transparency
- Time-saving batch fades
- Monthly or annual upgrade, support and reinstatement plans
- Simultaneously play back up to 256 audio tracks (@ 48kHz), 512 instrument tracks, 512 MIDI tracks, and 512 Aux channels
- VCA faders, 17 advanced metering options, and more
- Convolution reverb plug-in
- Realistic emulations of 16 coveted vintage plug-ins
- Over 60 included virtual instruments, effects, sound processing, and utility
- plug-ins, with optional access to 25 bonus plug-ins
- Free app for touchscreen control of Pro Tools|Ultimate using an Apple iPad Air
- Optional access to 25 bonus plug-ins
Avid Pro Tools | HDX PCIe Cards and Pro Tools | Ultimate make an unbeatable combination for music and post production. Call or chat with a Westlake Pro sales consultant to customize an HDX system for your studio today.