Transmit up to 64 audio channels between Pro Tools | Ultimate and other MADI devices with no signal degradation at up to 24-bit/192kHz, with sample rate conversion on all I/O channels
Avid Pro Tools|Ultimate MADI provides professionals with a stable, reliable multi-channel audio protocol for linking large-format digital consoles with DAWs and multi-track digital recorders, post production facilities, passing audio through broadcast facilities, or for control surface-based studios with multiple converters for high channel counts. Pro Tools | Ultimate MADI is also a great asset to smaller studios and mix engineers who prefer the stability and high channel count that comes with the MADI protocol. Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate MADI provides flexible connectivity, built-in sample rate conversion for set-and-forget operation, plus the ability to send and receive audio between your Pro Tools setup and MADI devices over long distances (up to 1.24 miles) without any signal degradation.
Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate MADI in one take:
- Transmit up to 64 audio channels between Pro Tools | Ultimate and other MADI devices
- Stable, reliable audio streaming with no signal degradation at up to 24-bit/192kHz sample rates
- Sample rate conversion (SRC) on all I/O channels for set and forget operation
- Dedicated word clock and XLR AES3 sync (when using SRC on output)
- Connection and routing flexibility via optical and coaxial connections:
- 2 MADI inputs (optical and coaxial)
- 2 MADI outputs (simultaneous optical and coaxial)
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|Ultimate family systems for full input, output, and routing control
- Clock support includes Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, AES/EBU, and MADI
- 64-channel (non-Varispeed) and 56-channel (Varispeed) support (at 48 kHz)
- Integrate Pro Tools|Ultimate family systems with MADI-equipped VENUE live sound systems for recording and Virtual Soundcheck
- Verify and troubleshoot signals through status indicators and global
- I/O signal LEDs
- Connects to Pro Tools|Ultimate through two DigiLink Mini connections (32 audio channels each; cables and adapters included)
- Compact 1U rack-mountable
Connect to the digital world
MADI is the professional’s choice for sending and returning audio. Because it’s an open protocol, there are a large number of MADI-compatible devices, including mixing consoles, digital dubbers, AD/DA converters, routers that are available for easy system integration. The stability of of MADI enables you to handle large music and post-production sessions, as well as provide plenty of channels to send and return to outboard processors. With the Pro Tools|Ultimate MADI interface, you can easily add MADI devices directly to your recording setup, as well as integrate Pro Tools|Ultimate into broadcast and live sound environments. Because the interface supports both optical and coaxial connections, as well as 56- and 64-channel modes, you can connect to MADI devices without additional format converters.
Avid’s Pro Tools|Ultimate MADI provides automatic sample rate conversion (SRC) on all inputs and outputs, which eliminates time consuming conversion sessions or the need for up-sampling or down-sampling external MADI devices. Since audio output occurs simultaneously on the optical and coaxial connectors, audio can be easily sent to redundant systems without the need for a splitter. With Pro Tools|Ultimate MADI’s ability to stream high-quality, real-time sample rate conversion, you can pass audio at any sample rate, and Ultimate MADI will automatically convert it to your current Pro Tools session rate. Plus, you’ll maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support.
Full Pro Tools System integration
As with all Pro Tools|Ultimate series interfaces, Ultimate MADI seamlessly integrates into any Pro Tools|HDX or Ultimate Native system, right down to the software level, providing control of inputs, outputs, and routing from the Pro Tools|Ultimate software interface. Since it’s inception, Pro Tools has been all about total the stable performance due to hardware and software designed from the ground up to work together glitch-free, regardless of how hard you push you system. With Pro Tools|Ultimate MADI, Ultimate series interfaces, and Pro Tools|Ultimate software, you can expect bulletproof reliability, superior sound quality, and functionality based on the needs and recommendations of audio professionals who’ve used Pro Tools to crank out hit music and feature film soundtracks for decades.
Whether you work with high track-count projects or simply want the most reliable protocol for sending and receiving audio, Avid Pro Tools|Ultimate MADI is the professional’s choice. Call or chat with your Westlake Pro Avid specialist today.
Avid Ultimate MADI system requirements:
• Avid-qualified Pro Tools|Ultimate family system running Pro Tools Ultimate 8.1 or higher software
• Any third-party system that supports Core Audio or ASIO drivers