Avid HD I/O Digital Option 16×16
Modular Pro Tools interface with multi-format digital I/O
Modular interface with customizable I/O with best-in-class ADA conversion up to 24+bit/192kHZ, ultra low latency, provides extreme flexibility for easy studio integration
A major step up from previous HD interfaces, the Avid Pro Tools|HD I/O has undergone far more than just a face lift. To make the insides match its sleek, stylish outsides, Avid completely redesigned the HD I/O 16×16 Analog from the circuit boards on up, featuring nothing but the highest quality components to give you A/D/A conversion that satisfies nothing less than pro audio’s A-list of golden-eared engineers and mixers working in both music production and feature film. With the lowest latency possible for inspired tracking at sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz plus, Avid Pro Tools|HD I/O interfaces feature customizable I/O for easy studio integration with the gear you own. It’s modular design also enables you to expand* and customize the Avid HD I/O interface to grow with your studio. The Pro | Tools HD I/O 16×16 Digital 16 features channels of AES3 I/O on DB-25 connectors (192 kHz single-wire and dual-wire); 16 channels of TDIF I/O, 16 channels of ADAT I/O with S/MUX II & IV support; as well as digital I/O including 8-channel ADAT with S/MUX II & IV support, 2-channel AES3 via XLR connectors, 2-channel RCA S/PDIF, word clock I/O, and Avid’s proprietary Loop Sync I/O. Avid Pro Tools|HD I/O interfaces are supported by Pro Tools|HDX or Pro Tools|HD Native systems.
Avid Pro Tools|HD I/O 16×16 Digital in one take:
- 16 channels of AES/EBU (S/MUX) I/O, 16 channels of TDIF I/O, and 16 channels of ADAT I/O
- Expandable modular design
- State-of-the- art A/D and D/A conversion and premium analog circuitry provide superior clarity and detail
- 32 four-segment front-panel LED input and output metering
- Three available I/O configurations via analog or digital I/O option cards
- AES, ADAT, and S/PDIF digital I/O on all interfaces
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD family system via DigiLink connector for full input, output, and routing control (cable and adapter included)
- Built-in soft-knee limiter and soft clip feature lets you track hotter signals without digital overs
- Dedicated word clock and loop sync I/O
- Sturdy and stylish 2U rack-mountable chassis
* Two empty bays for I/O expansion
Avid Pro Tools|HD I/O 16×16 Digital applications
If audio post-production is your game, then Pro Tools|HD I/O 16×16 Digital is the name. frequently need to interface with a digital mixer, dubber, additional Pro Tools rig, or other digital infrastructure. It offers 16 channels of AES/EBU (S/MUX) I/O, 16 channels of TDIF I/O, 16 channels of ADAT I/O, 2 additional channels of AES/EBU I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O, and 8 additional channels of ADAT I/O. Plus, you have two empty bays to expand your I/O even further.
INSIDE THE BOX—Avid Pro Tools|HD I/O 16×16 Digital
Hear what you’ve been mixing
Avid’s latest generation of HD I/O represents not only a major improvement in A/D – D/A conversion, but also obviates the need to use 3rd-party converters, thus keeping your system not only more streamlined physically, but sonically as well with the shortest possible signal path. The Pro Tools|HD I/O offers stellar audio fidelity, extended dynamic range, super-low jitter, and musician/performance-friendly ultra low latency. With an impressive THD+N (0.0002% ADC, 0.00032% DAC), the Pro Tools HD | I/O maintains spectacular clarity as track counts increase, whether you’re tracking or mixing.
Speaking of tracking, Pro Tools HD | I/O includes a soft clip feature for worry-free recording, plus Curv, a built-in soft-knee limiter that can catch the fastest of transients, enabling you to track hotter signals and smooth out inconsistent levels from input sources. Depending on the I/O you choose, Avid’s Pro Tools|HD I/O also features built-in sample rate conversion.
While the Pro Tools|HD I/O Analog 16×16 configuration is the best choice for intensive music production, particularly if you work with multi-input recording and analog summing, Pro Tools|HD I/O digital configurations and options enable you to connect effectively into any post-production environment. In such a scenario, Pro Tools|HD gives you AES/EBU, TDIF, and ADAT connections to integrate with a digital mixer, additional Pro Tools rigs, or other digital infrastructure.
All HD I/O configurations, whether analog or digital, include a section of additional digital I/O that enables you to expand your system. All HD I/O interfaces come with two channels of AES3 digital I/O on XLR, eight channels of ADAT I/O with S/Mux II & IV support) 2-channel S/PDIF on RCA connectors, word clock I/O, Loop Sync I/O and a mini expansion port add other HD I/O systems. Avid’s Loop Sync I/O provides an alternative means to distribute clock signal throughout the system. In essence, as the name implies, Loop Sync creates a closed loop by connecting the clock out of last interface to the clock input of the first device in the system.
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 16×16 Digital configuration:
Versatile digital I/O:
- 16 channels of AES3 I/O (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dual-wire)
- 16 channels of TDIF I/O
- 16 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
Additional digital I/O:
- 2 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz single-wire)
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
Flexible I/O for easy studio connectivity
Avid HD I/O comes in three configurations: 16×16 analog, 8x8x8 analog/digital, and 16×16 digital. HD I/O option cards add more analog inputs, analog outputs, or digital I/O. As your needs grow or change, you can easily add more analog inputs, analog outputs, or digital I/O by installing an option card. While HD I/O 16×16 Analog comes with the maximum four cards, you can customize your I/O by swapping out any card.
- HD I/O AD Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog inputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O DA Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog outputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O Digital Option: Adds 8 channels each of AES/EBU (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dual-wire), TDIF, and ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
Seamless integration with Pro Tools and other DAWs
For stability that audio professionals rely on for peace of mind, Avid HD I/O 16×16 Digital and all other Pro Tools|HD Series interfaces feature total integration with Pro Tools|HD software, giving you maximum performance, dependability, and convenient software control of your inputs, outputs, and routing. The resulting improvement in workflow assures you greater production quality. All Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers in case you want to use your HD I/O interface other DAW software.
For best-in-class conversion, highest-quality audio, and uncompromising design and stability, choose an Avid Pro Tools|HD I/O interface for your Pro Tools system. Call or chat with your Westlake Pro sales consultant today.
Avid Pro Tools | HD I/O 16×16 Digital specifications:
- Analog inputs: 0
- Analog outputs: 0
- AES3 I/O: 16 + 2
- AES single-wire (192kHz): Yes
- S/PDIF I/O: 1 In + 1 Out (coax or optical)
- ADAT I/O: 16 + 8
- S/MUX: S/MUX II and IV
- SRC: 16 channels (digital cards)
- Word Clock I/O: 1 In + 1 Out
- Loop Sync I/O: 1 In + 1 Out
- Digital interface: DigiLink Mini
- Dynamic range ADC: N/A
- Dynamic range DAC: N/A
- THD+N ADC: N/A
- THD+N DAC: N/A
- Frequency response ADC: N/A
- Frequency response DAC: N/A
- Expansion: 2 empty bays
- Curv: N/A
- Soft clip: N/A
- Cal trims: N/A
- Metering: 32 4-segment LEDs
- Internal fan: N/A
- Chassis: 2U rackmountable
Avid-qualified Pro Tools|HD family system running Pro Tools HD 8.1 or higher software
Avid-qualified Pro Tools|HD family system running a Core Audio or ASIO compliant application
|Dimensions||26 x 14 x 8 in|
16 in x 16 out
|Pro Tools HD||
|Loop Sync I/O||